Epilogue

If you were happy with the last chapter being the ending you don't have to read this next one. This is just a little extra.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Why am I letting this happen again?”

“Because you’re whipped.” Will chips in helpfully from his seat at our booth next to mine, Ant splutters through a mouthful of beer. Cat wraps her arms around my waist and slides across the leather seat pushing her body into mine, I’m sure that that is an unfair tactic.

“Because I said pretty please and batted my eyelashes.” She says demonstrating it again. “Also we have a bet.”

“What can it really hurt?” Ant says, mopping up the beer he’d spat across the table, from the seat opposite mine, I narrow my eyes at him, why has he chosen now to relax and have fun?

“I’m not making this a regular occurrence.” I say to Cat holding her close. “And if you need me at all I’m going to be right at the bar watching you.” She rolls her eyes.

“Yes sir.”

“That’s boss to you.”

“Yes boss.” She does a mock salute and looks down at her watch. “This isn’t going to be a regular thing, I just want to prove a point… I have to go.” My arms tighten around her and she cranes her neck up at me, obligingly I kiss her and hold on for a second longer then I should before letting her go.

“Remember what I told you and follow the rules I gave you. You can do this, although for the record I still don’t want you to.”

“Noted and ignored.” She says with a smile as she applies another layer of lip gloss, since I stole the last layer. Ant chuckles and Will high fives Cat.

“Good luck Kitten.” He purrs at her and I roll my eyes but she winks. She climbs to her feet and stands in front of the booth.

“How do I look?” She asks spinning once on her heels so we can give her a once over. Her deep blue dress matches her eyes and hangs around her thighs in a floaty skirt. The top is fitted and has a sweetheart neckline and halter neck straps, she has pulled her wild hair over one shoulder and clipped it there.

“Stunning.” Ant is the first to speak.

“When you finally decide that Danny is wrong for you, which you will, I’ll be the next one to sweep you off your feet.” I hit Will across the back of his head.

“You gingers really don’t have souls do you?” I ask and he fakes a wounded look but shrugs his shoulders at me. I return my attention back to Cat “You look amazing, maybe a little too good. I will be watching.”

“Oh don’t go all caveman on me Danny Ricci. I’m a big girl.” She blows me a kiss and then turns away from us, her heels click softly on the wooden floor as she makes her way across to the bar and I watch her the entire time loving the way her hips move and her hair bounces.

“So why is she doing this again?” Ant asks once she is safely out of hearing range. I sigh. I don’t quite know myself how we got to this point but here we are, Cat is having dinner with a guy and his parents and I am going to be watching from the bar.

“I think it was a drunken mistake on my part.” I admit.

“I was there, he was wasted.” Will adds in helpfully. “They were having that argument they have about Escorts. The one where Danny maintains that it is harder than it looks and where Cat says that dating is a part of real life so you shouldn’t have a problem doing it as a job.” Ant nods his head in understanding.