Shattered Violets~21

Standing there in what was to be my wedding dress, facing both Damon and Angel, I began to spin uncontrollably, before everything went black. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Slowly coming to, groggy, lost, I tried to focus on my surroundings. As last few days flooded back, my eyes bolted open, taking in the scene before me. There was Damon standing near the side of the bed, a worried look on his face. Angel was huddled in a corner chair, looking scared to death; haggard and lost. Then there was my bastard of a father, pacing the room; muttering. None of them seemed to realize that I had come too. I wasn’t sure how long I’d been out. Closing my eyes again, I tried with all everything I had to control my breathing.

Taking a chance I opened my eyes. This time Angel was hovering over me, while Damon was talking to my father. I couldn’t hear what they were saying but I mouthed to Angel to be quiet. She looked at me and nodded.

I knew I had to think quickly, but before I could make a move Damon was on top of me.

“Vi, my darling; are you okay? Are you hurt my love?” Concern dripping from his lips, made the bile rise in my throat.

Starting to cough, I sat up.  “I’m fucking fine. Get away from me.” Pushing his hands away.

“Vivian!” I heard my father roar.

“Fuck you Thomas!” I hissed at him.

“Show me some respect, girl.” He bellowed.

Laughing, “You must be crazier than I first thought.”

I watched as my father, loom over towards me. Anger filled his eyes. There was none of the caring loving man I once knew.  Just the greedy beast he’d turned into. Noticing him favoring his shoulder where the bullet had grazed him the night before, I couldn’t help smile.

“Thomas, let her be. Go down stairs and make sure everything is ready. I’ll make sure her slut and Vivian are ready when the time comes. Give us thirty minutes.”

“Damon, are you sure you want to marry this cunt?” As he pointed to me.

“Thomas…” I could hear a change in Damon’s tone as he said his name. “Do not, and I mean DO NOT, speak about her in that way. Do you understand me?”

“Damon?” My father questioned.

“Don’t forget, I still have to uphold my end of our deal. Now go down and make sure everything is ready.”

I heard my father huff and grunt as he walked out the door. I couldn’t help but notice that there were no guards to be seen, from my angle on the bed. I looked towards the door and back at Angel.

Once the door was closed behind my father, Damon turned towards her.

Harshly, he spewed his rage towards her, “Get back to your fucking corner. NOW!” I could feel his hate for Angel pouring out of him. “Don’t you fucking leave it again, are I’ll fucking kill you right here and now.” I could believe it, it was like a switch went off; within the same breath he turned towards me. “Vivian my darling, are you sure you’re okay.”

I looked at him, feeling my eyes go wide with disbelief.  I couldn’t figure this man out. It was bad enough that I was painted up as is own personal bridal doll, on my way to marry his ass.  Let alone the fact that being trapped by him forever, was about ready to make me lose my own sense of reality, but now he’s brought my girlfriend in here as well. What point was he trying to make, he already had me stuck here by an army of armed assholes patrolling around every corner. The nerve of him, he was either insane or had some huge brass balls to ask me if I was okay. “NO, I’m not fucking okay. Get away from me, for fucks sake.”

Damon backed up a couple of feet; still keeping his body between me and Angel. I watched as Angel brought herself into the crouched position; ready to spring into action; if the moment arises for her to flee or attack. Something in her stance told me, we exactly what I needed to know. She was going to put up a fight, when the time was right. I knew this was wishful thinking, but I needed a moment with Angel. 

 “Vivian love, are you sure you’re okay?” He reached out to stroke my cheek.

 Pulling away, “I’m fucking fine. Dammit.”

 "What can I do? You know I’d do anything for you to show you how much you mean to me.”

I sat there, thinking. “Hmmm, you really love me, don’t you?”

“Of course I love you. Haven’t I been trying to tell you that?”

This was my chance. “Ooookay, if you really want to prove your love to me than do me one big favor. Please.” Plastering on the sweetest smile I could muster.

“Anything my love”.  I could see the excitement filling his features.

I took a moment to figure out just how get what I wanted without giving away too much information.

“Damon? You want me to marry you correct?” I repeated

Nodding his head in agreement, he once again repeated, “Yes”.

“Then let me have time with Angel to say goodbye.”

“What?” He stood up, towering over me.

“You heard me. Let me have a few moments alone to say goodbye to Angel. She can help me fix my hair and make-up.” Batting my eyelashes. “I’m sure I look a little wrecked with passing out.” I could see that no forming on his lips. “Please Damon. Will you please let me just have a few minutes. You have to remember the fact, I’ll be yours forever.” Reaching out, I ran my hand down his arm.

I watched as Damon’s eyes followed my hand upon his arm. Slowly, he lifted his gaze to mine. I could see him working out what to do.

“Vivian, I’ll give you ten minutes. I’ll be standing outside that door.” Turing towards Angel, through gritted teeth, “Don’t do anything stupid. Hear me.”

With that, Damon leaned down, kissing me on the cheek. Swallowing the bile once again, I smiled.

“I’ll be outside. You two have ten minutes to get her cleaned up and say your goodbyes.” With that Damon let the room; locking the door behind him.