Chapter Four: Hormones

Chapter Four

            {Hormones}

When I woke up it was just like every other morning, I had kids laying all over me in the king sized bed. Levi was tucked right up next to me and I knew they would all be awake soon and would want food, but since they usually all woke up around 2 in the morning no one would have made food yet. All of us were use to getting up early so we could start moving to a new place each day. It was hard on some of the kids but after a while it was a normal routine. I slowly got out of the bed, moving around each of them until my feet were finally on the carpet. I quietly went down stairs and looked around hoping to find the kitchen. I managed to find two bathrooms, 12 bedrooms 4 living rooms before I found the kitchen. There were refrigerator’s everywhere I got out all kinds of things and started to make breakfast.

“Oh my god it smells amazing in here!” I turned and saw a pretty pregnant girl who looked to be around my age. Her red hair was tied up in a messy bun and was dressed in a pair of shorts and a tank top which was crazy because even through we are wolfs our human bodies got cold just like other people.

“I’m sorry if I woke you.” I said as I looked at her with an apologetic face.

“Oh no your fine, I was about to yell at my husband to go get me food then I smelt this and well my cravings are now what your cooking.” I laughed and smiled at her.

“Here sit down, I’ll get you some food. “ I said as I helped her get onto one of the bar stools by the island counter.

“So what is your name, I don’t recognize you.” I looked at the red head and set her glass of water down in front of her before responding.

“Annabelle.”  She smiled and held out her hand to me.

“I’m Paige.” I shook her hand and then got back to work on her omelet.

“So what pack are you from Annabelle?” I froze when Paige asked me that, but I took a deep breath and answered her.

“I’m from the Nightshade Pack.” Her eyes went wide as she looked me over.

“Oh my god your Roman’s mate!” I looked at her with wide eyes as she got off her chair and came over to me with a smile that covered her face.

“My husband Dylan is Roman’s beta! That means you an I are going to be best friends!” I smiled and laughed at all the excitement that was radiating off of Paige.

“ I would like that.” Paige squealed and hugged me and for the first time in a while I was actually happy.

“So have you and Roman, you know.” Paige asked as she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

“Ugh no, we haven’t really had anytime to talk at all actually.” I said as I put her food on a plate and handed it to her.

“Well if you ever need my help just let me know, now that I’m pregnant Roman is pretty much terrified of making me mad. That’s how I got him to come here for Christmas.” I was leaned back against a counter watching Paige inhale the food and talk at the same time.

“I remember my dad telling me about an alpha that was so cruel and a vicious warrior. He was talking about Roman, but the way he acts around these people it doesn’t seem like he is any of what my father said he was.” Paige nodded her head as she ate some of the toasted bread.

“Roman is everything your dad said he is, but when he is around people he can trust he is relaxed and isn’t the tall bruiting badass that everyone thinks he is. I can’t wait to see how possessive he gets over you though.” Paige said laughing, which confused me.

“What do you mean?” I asked Paige and she put her fork down and looked at me.

“Roman has been waiting for his mate for years. He is an Alpha, which means his senses are more heightened and after years of looked and wanting you he has you. The second another male gets close to you he will be there growling and ready to tear the poor guys head off. Roman probably wont even let you out of his sight for a few months maybe longer.” I raised an eyebrow at Paige.

“I’m not his property.” Paige smiled and shook her head.

“It’s not that he thinks he owns you Annabelle. You’re an Alphas mate, they are the most jealous men out there, he wont be trying to keep you in a cage he just wants to keep you for himself. Trust me, my brother’s is the Alpha of this pack and his mate was from Roman’s pack. Peter and Knox fought when peter though Roman was trying to keep her from him.”

“We didn’t fight, I simply punching him once and he didn’t get back up.” I turned my head to the side and smiled. Roman stood there with Levi in his arms; Levi was poking Roman with his nose just like I did to Levi when I was in wolf form.

“He was wandering around the halls saying momma.” Roman said and I smiled taking Levi from Roman and put him in a high chair that I had already put fruit on for him.

“Thanks, I was about to go get him but Paige and I started talking.” I said smiling at Paige who was now rubbing her belly and smiling.

“That was a great breakfast Annabelle, thank you.” Paige said hugging me before she left the kitchen so Roman and I were alone with Levi who was already digging into his food.

“I’m sorry I didn’t see you after you left the conference room, Peter had some things he wanted to talk to us about and when I came to your room I saw you guys all asleep.” I smiled and leaned on the counter.

“Yeah they aren’t use to having their own beds, we sleep in one big group I don’t think they are ready to go back to having their own beds quiet yet.” Roman smiled as he moved to stand in front of me.

“I know we just met and I want you to know everything about me and I want to know everything about you, but I don’t know how long I can control my wolf from taking over and mating with you.” I didn’t know what to do, so I just did what my wolf told me to do.

I put my hands on Roman’s bare chest and got on my tiptoe’s then kissed him. Roman must have read my mind before I pulled away because he picked me up and set me on the counter so I was closer to his height but his lips didn’t leave mine I put my arms around his neck and Roman ran his tongue along my bottom lip asking me to open my mouth which I gladly did. His tongue fought with mine as his hands slid under the back of my shirt and traced circles on my skin.

“Oh come on people eat in here!” I pushed Roman away from me and looked at Paige who was holding I’m assuming her mates hand as he smiled at Roman and Paige smiled at me.

“I should go get the kids.” Roman tried to grab me up I rushed past him and out of the kitchen like I was on fire.

My breathing was still a little ragged from the make out session I had with Roman when I got back to my bedroom. Everyone was awake so I started to help them get dressed and then got dressed myself. I pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans that stuck to me like glue and a white and blue sweater that had some kind of winter pattern on it. I brushed my hair and when everyone was done getting ready we all went back down to the kitchen. Paige and Dylan were sitting at the kitchen island with Roman who was drinking coffee and making faces at Levi who was still eating his food.

All of the kids got food and sat at the large table they talked quietly as they ate. I got myself some coffee and watched as they all ate I had yet to see Max which was odd but I knew he wasn’t happy about us being here with so many people that could harm us. I still didn’t think we were perfectly safe and I was already starting to let my guard down which could very dangerous.

If you like it then please let me know!!! Vote, Comment, Follow me, and everything else!!!!!

Thanks!