Chapter 6

Emily

    He kissed me. Luke Hemmings really kissed me. I was shocked, but I soon kissed him back as soft and delicate as he had kissed me. When he pulled away, he smiled softly. "I just had to do that." He whispered.

    "Wow..." I whispered softly. My first kiss was Luke Hemmings. He smiled and kissed my cheek.

    "You're so adorable." He chuckled. I smiled, and we just watched movies for the rest of the night.

Luke

    The next day at a practice, the guys and I were talking before Calum got here. I told them about what he did, and they seemed pissed. "Why on Earth would he do that? That doesn't seem like him at all." Ashton said, and I shrugged.

    "I don't know, but he really hates her. He's slapped her twice." Their jaws dropped, and I nodded.

    "I hate saying this about one of my best friends, but that sick bastard." Michael grumbled.

    "Who?" We all turned around to see Calum walking towards us. The other two members of my band fell silent, but I had to tell him.

    "You, honestly." I looked at him, and he raised an eyebrow. "Calum, you almost raped Emily!"

    "So?" I can't believe him.

    "So what?! She's an amazing girl, Calum. Not a little piece of shit that you can use however you want!"

    "I have to agree with Luke here, Calum. She's a really sweet girl." Michael looked at him, and Ashton nodded.

    "You guys just don't get it! She DOESN'T BELONG HERE!" He yelled.

    "Why not?" I looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

    "I... I can't explain. I just know she doesn't! And you should to! She's tearing us apart!"

    "Calum, the only one affected by her coming here is you." Ashton looked at him. "The rest of us all really like her."

    "Some more than others." Michael whispered loudly, pointing to me.

    "Hey! I never said that!" I swear, sometimes I want to kill him.

    "But you do! I can tell! I TOLD YOU SHE WAS TEARING US APART!" Calum yelled. "IT'S EITHER US, OR HER! PICK ONE!" I raised an eyebrow. Is he serious? He nodded softly, and the boys looked between us.

    "Fine. Her." I said, grabbing my things. "See you later, Ash and Mikey." I walked out of Ashton's house and to my car, getting in and calling Emily.

    "Luke? I thought you and the guys were rehearsing." She seemed confused as she picked up.

    "Change of plans. Wanna come over again? There's a park in my neighborhood we can walk around. I can pick you up." I hooked up my phone to my bluetooth as we talked, buckling my seatbelt and driving off.

    "Um, sure. I guess I'll see you then?" 

    "Sure. Bye, Em."

    "Bye." I sighed after she hung up. I had to tell her what I did in person, and this was the way to go.

Emily

    Luke showed up a few minutes later, and I hopped in his car. The car ride to the park he talked about was silent, but once we got there, I looked at him. "So, what happened? Calum hasn't come home yet." He sighed, sitting on a bench. i sat next to him, and he took a deep breath.

    "I quit." My eyes widened, and I looked at him.

    "What?! Why?" He sighed.

    "Calum and I got in an argument, and it ended with him making me choose between the band or you." He took my hands in his and took a deep breath. "And I chose you."

    "Luke, I'm extremely flattered, but you can't choose me over your dream." I looked at him.

    "But you're my new dream." He smiled softly. "I was planning this elaborate thing with one of our- I mean their- songs, but I think I'm just going to do it now. Ever since I met you, Emily, you've taken my breath away. I still get nervous around you, even though it never seems like it." He took a deep breath. "I know it hasn't been long, but I feel like I've known you for a long time. And when I'm with you, I'm never alone. Em, will you be my girlfriend?" I was speechless. Once I could, I smiled.

    "Of course I will, Luke." I smiled. He smiled back and pulled me into his arms.

Calum

    I stood in astonishment as he walked out. "Did that really just happen?" I asked Ashton and Michael.

    "I'm afraid so, mate." Ashton nodded.

    "You shouldn't have made him choose. If he let you brutally beat him up over her, he really cares about her. Even I knew what he was going to choose when you said that." Michael looked at me.

    "I really just let Luke quit." I sighed. "Shit. How do I get him back?" I looked over at them.

    "Apologize." They said at once.

    "Without showing defeat."

    "Suck it up and apologize." They both said again. 

    "Stop that. It's creepy." I sighed. There has to be some other way.

Emily

    "So what should we do tonight?" I asked my new boyfriend, smiling.

    "I believe I should take you on a proper date." He smiled. "I insist. How does Italian sound?"

    "Sounds great." I smiled, kissing his cheek. "So, out of curiosity, how were you going to ask me?"

    "That's not important. What's important is that I did. We only have so long to do what we want and need to. We'll never be as young as we are now, you know." I smiled softly. 

    "You're right." He smiled and kissed my cheek. Oh, I can get used to this. "So, how fancy of an Italian restaurant are you thinking? I need to know for my outfit planning." He chuckled and rolled his eyes.

    "You're such a girl. But anyways, you could probably get away with some nice pants and a nice shirt. Not that fancy of a place, but the food is amazing. Believe me." 

    "Oh, alright." I smiled and kissed his cheek. I looked across the way and saw an empty swing set. "I'll race you to that swing set."

    "You're on." He smiled, and I raced over there and beat him. I could definitely get used to this.

And there we go! This chapter is dedicated to my friend LiveOn4ever because the plot was her idea. I had writer's block, so I asked her what to do, and she told me this gem and drama :). This is her proper credit and thank you. I also hid in a few references for you. One's obvious, but the other two... Can you find them?