Prologue

• Dedicated to My lovely little sister

                                                                  Gaurdian - Prologue

Her grip on my hand, made me feel like I was on top of the world; no one could bring me down. I felt safe, safe enough to do what ever I wanted. The sand between my toes, made my body feel warm, I didn't want it to stop. The sun on my skin was so pleasing. I looked up to her, she was smiling to herself. Her beautiful hair flowed in the wind perfectly.

The ocean's waves crashed to the shore, sending chills of excitement all over my body. Her grip never loosened on my hand, and I thanked her for that. Walking down the shore, just me and her; the scent of her skin, lovely as it could ever be, flowed with the wind and surrounded me; making me feel right at home. I looked to her smiling face, this time she wasn't looking out to the sea, watching the waves come and go, she was looking at me; just like any mother would. She was the most important woman in my life and I griped her hand tighter afraid she would leave.

The sun so radiant, was shinning on us like a spotlight on a dance floor. I felt so special to be in the presence of someone like her. She always knew the right thing to say to me whenever I needed her. I loved her more then anyone I had ever known, she was my mother. Her smile disappeared along with her and I was the lost, little boy again. No one there anymore, but me; all alone.

I had wakened startled from my dream, realizing what I had dreamt the minute I opened my eyes. The lost memory just kept showing up, not so lost anymore. A buzzer was going of. I knew where the sound was coming from, but I just didn't know why. Five o'clock in the morning? Who would want to speak with me at this time? Well whoever called me, probably my dad, must have thought it was really important to wake me up this early. Man, just when I though I was getting a break. I knew my dad called me to meet him in his office because he was assigning me a case, but what I don't get is, why this damn early.

As I got out of a bed and changed my clothes, I was not going down in my boxers; I opened the door and walked through the corridor towards my father's office.

"It's your assignment, you must complete It." the look on his face clearly showed he was in no mood to negotiate. He ended his sentence with a long sigh indicating he was finished talking.

"With all do respect father, I don't understand why I am the one who is assigned to this particular case. You, out of all people should know that I take on more challenging cases, not these silly ones." It wasn't in my nature to do a guarding case. I don't guard I'm not a pet; I take action I'm the one always giving the orders not taking them. My father didn't bring me up to be the follower, I was a leader.

"Listen to me son, you're the only one I trust, that I know, can handle an assignment like this." I can handle an assignment like this? What was he talking about?

"If this case is so important, then why wont you tell me, why I have to protect this girl?" I ask curious to know why my father was keeping it from me.

"Because, in time you will be ready to know, but for know do what you are told and that's all I ask." All I could do, to not lash out at him was to tighten my fists, which lay on the sides of my waist. Apparently my father noticed and eyed with disappointment. Quite frankly I didn't care, I was tired and upset, and I was aware I was acting childish, as well.

"Well then, if were done here, you must prepare yourself. Teenage Mundane act differently then what your used to, so go brush up on the books, I had given you last week," So, he knew about this from last week, figures.

"Well then, off you go, and remember don't disappoint, I have faith in you." He said grabbing my shoulder and patting my back. Yeah, I'm five years old and I love getting pats on the back for good participation.

"Yeah, sure, thanks dad." He nodded and I walked away, preparing myself, mentally, for what was about to come.