Chapter 36~

Holy Cow!!! I'm almost done with this book. I finally like what I did with it. 

One more chapter left. Can you believe it? I'm so happy its finally over with. Three long years. I  know, its long. 

I wanted to take the time to thank all my followers. You guys are awesome for sticking with me these past years. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Chapter 36

****************************************

I felt my heart lunge up my throat. A single tear leaked down my cheek at seeing my two brothers lay dead at my feet. Ignoring the rogues, I bend down to brush my fingers through Taylor's fur. His body's heat pulsed under my fingertips. For a split second I held hope. Until I strained my ears to listen to his heartbeat.

Silence. Nothing to indicate life.

Checking Theo, I come to the horrible realization that I had lost both my brothers. They may have snapped and attacked me, but they were still my brothers.

This couldn't be happening. I wouldn't allow it to. They had to be alive, they just had to be. This had to be a drug of some sorts. Without blood dripping out of their bodies, how else were they killed? Bullets weren't used.

"Don't look so sad. You're the one who wouldn't listen and backed out on our deal. If you would have given yourself to me to take pleasure in that luscious body of yours, then your brothers would still be alive," he spoke smoothly. Winking at me as I sent him a glare.

How could he act causal as if he didn't order the death of two men? And to think he believes I will willingly allow him to touch my body. No wonder this man is a rogue. Who would follow a crazy man?

All I wanted to do was beat the living day lights out of him. To torture him until he was begging me to kill him. If only Taylor and Theo hadn't injured me.

I couldn't respond back to him. I knew if I did I would lose myself. Blowing up right now wouldn't be a smart thing to do. I had to use my brain for once before I acted.

What would Nikolai do if he was the last one standing? Fight to the death or run and fight another day?

Would Caden agree?

I swear once this day is over, Caden and I need to distance ourselves from the castle and its prying eyes. No duties to take time away. If we are to ever form a semi-normal relationship we need time to ourselves.

Thinking it over in my mind, I come up with fighting another day. Be smart and get revenge on the bastard that took my family and friends away. That's exactly what I will do once I have Caden and his pack warriors behind me.

Thinking on the warriors, I try to sense them. Last time I needed to think, Caden had sent out nearly fifty to protect me. Now there are none?

Did rogues attack the castle? Is that why I haven't been able to contact neither Caden nor my parents?

Shaking those horrifying thoughts out of my head, I focus my attention back on the rogue.

Why hadn't he attacked me yet? I'm left wide open. He could kill me in a heartbeat. What is his plan?

I watch as he stands with his hand in his short pockets. Apparently rogues carry around clothes. If only I could cover myself up.

Glancing down at my brothers, I can only hope that their bodies are left alone. It would rip my heart out if I couldn't give them a proper funeral.

Pushing the pain and heart break away, I look into the man's eyes I will forever hate. The man I will hunt down and kill with my own bare hand or in wolf form by my muzzle. He will know what true pain is like after I'm done with him.