The Hospital

Andrea:

Hospital

11:30 pm

I fluttered my eyes open and found myself staring up at a celling. Where am I? The last thing I remember, I was throwing up blood and I heard Marcus screaming. Then I blacked out. Oh right. I'm in the hospital.

I felt someone touch my arm. I looked to my left and saw Marcus standing over me with tears in his eyes. I looked to my right and saw my dad staring at me with tears in his eyes too. Why do I feel so drained? So weak? It was hard just to move my head. Wait, where is my mother?

Me:"Where is my mother?" I said in a very weak voice.

Dad:"Sweetheart your mother is in the waiting room. She couldn't handle seeing you like this."

Me:"I want to see her. I want to see her right now. Bring me my mother." I felt a tear trickle down my cheek, but I still had a straight face.

The nurse walked out and came back a few minutes later. The door slowly opened. I saw my mother standing in the doorway with tear-stained cheeks. I looked in her eyes and saw so much pain.

She slowly walked over to me and stared at me. I held her hand in mine.

Me:"Mommy..."

Mom:"Yes baby?" Tears were spilling down her checks again.

Me:"Mom in need you to be strong, ok? You can do it. You will be ok and so will I."

Mom:"Ok baby. I love you so much."

Me:"I love you too." The doctor came in with a clipboard in his hand.

Dad:"So can you tell us what happened Doc?"

Doctor:"Well from what Mr. Daniels (Marcus) told me, your daughter seemed to have lost a lot of blood. It was actually very dangerous, how much blood she lost. She should have died, but this girl is very lucky."

Mom:"Well why? Why would she just randomly loose blood like this?" I tensed up. My parents never knew. Marcus looked at me with worry.

Marcus:"Do you want me to tell them?" I shook my head yes.

Mom:"Tell us what? What happened?"

Marcus:"Well...... Drea has been cutting herself...."

Dad:"Really? Andrea how long has this been going on?"

Me:"For about 3 months...."

Mom:"But why baby? Why?"