Chapter 4

Chapter 4

 (The dining room inside Milano's Bistro-------->)

"Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh." Was the only thing that was running through my head as this God of  a man guided me through the snow towards the entrance of the  Bistro. Just moments ago I was so cold that I no longer felt the shivering of my body, that was until a huge car had surged forward from where it was parked at the curb and I saw my uneventful life flash before my eyes. I usually didn't try to cross in the middle of the street, but I was trying to get inside in a hurry after spending all afternoon out in the elements. And when those brilliant headlights flashed in my face, my already lifeless legs just gave out from underneath me and I braced myself to be run over in the middle of cold mushy street like I was road kill. But the bumper of the sleek vehicle had come to an abrupt halt inches from my face and I thought that I was going to faint dead away.

Relief so great had washed over me and I almost sat down in the middle of the road and thanked God it wasn't my day to meet him in heaven. Then everything including my basic brain function completely failed me when the most handsomest man I had ever laid eyes got out  of the expensive car and knelt at my side to ask me if I was okay, and to be honest I was a little shocked that he showed any concern for my welfare at all. Let's face it, the people in this city tended to want to get where they were going and they wanted to get there quickly. They had little time or patience for any form of obstacles that may get in their way. If the man who introduced himself to me as Ellis Carrington had got out of his posh ride to cuss me out. I wouldn't have batted an eye at that. But the man genuinely showed concern and even insisted to buy me dinner to apologize for scaring me. That in itself had me even more tongued tied than I usually am when it came to interacting with strangers.

I did have the wherewithal to accept his invitation because face it, I may never get another opportunity as good as this one to have some like this elegant man to pay me any kind of attention anytime soon. He didn't need to know that I was attracted men, and I didn't know if he was homosexual, heterosexual, or even bisexual. He was just being a decent person, and I was going to bask in his attention even if it's just for an hour or so. I knew I was gay since I was thirteen years old and  I used to discreetly watch and admire the older boys at the home as they  strutted around shirtless baring the sculpted chests and abs. I have never had a date or any other interaction social or otherwise with another gay man in my short life span so far. I was always too scared when I was at the orphanage. I didn't need anything to make me stand out any more than I already did, and it was safer for me to keep that bit to information myself. It was less of a hassle to keep to myself period. And now that I am out in the grown up world, I still kept my head down everywhere I went because I was scared shitless of the homophobic bigots out here that thought it was their God given calling to beat the gay out of someone.

"Watch your step." The Adonis said to me as he placed a helpful hand on my elbow and steered me clear of the debris on the sidewalk and I gasped in a lungful of frigid air. I swear I could feel the heat of his hand and the tingles they caused on my skin through the sparse layers of my clothing.

I could only nod my head in thanks for I didn't trust my voice not to come out as anything other than a squeak at the moment. I was so nervous in his presence, but I felt better knowing  that we were going somewhere familiar to me. The guys at the Bistro always looked out for me, and especially Rafael, who always took a paternal role with me and made sure I was always comfortable and safe when in his presence. He told me I reminded him of a fragile little flower to my utmost consternation, but it is what it is.

Mr. Carrington rushed forward on the slippery sidewalk by several steps and opened the heavy glass door of the eatery for me. A gush of warm air billowed out into my face carrying the scents of all the goodies served inside, but even the aroma robust tomato and garlic wasn't enough to lessen the scent of the man's expensive and mouth watering cologne. A whimper of sheer pleasure almost escaped my throat. I wanted to bury my face under his chin and just breathe him right into my lungs for the rest of the night. But instead, I quickly scurried past him into more than welcoming warmth of the restaurant. And as I stepped into the foyer and Mr. Carrington stepped up behind me, Paolo in the host at the front looked up in confusion at me before he saw who was behind me and rushed to great the handsome man by name. The little man gushed all over my dinner companion welcoming him to the restarant and flipping through his schedule book to see if there was a reservation. But the dynamic man waved him off and just asked for an open table for himself and his guest as he gestured towards me.