Chapter One (The Vampire Diaries Fan-Fic)

Chapter One

This chapter is dedicated to VeGirl, who wrote a fantastic trilogy TVD fan fiction, and inspired me to push myself and write a fan fiction.

I fiddled with my dark purple hair in the mirror as I put a bobby pin it. There was a million thoughts running through my mind. Today was my last day as a Shark at Gulf Coast High School. And it wasn't just the last day of school, it was only the 3rd day of senior year. I waited to tackle on college applications, cafe dates, concerts, senior skip day, and prom with my best friends Lena and Andrea. I was never given anything in life I couldn't handle; especially after my mother and older sister left in the blink of an eye when I was 13. Now as a 17 year old, I live with my dad in South Florida. 

"I'm leaving for school!" I shouted as I grabbed my keys and walked out to my antique VW van. It's a '72 model, but for my 17th birthday my dad had it remodeled so theres equipped A/C, printed seat covers, and a chill backseat with blankets and lights. 

The school day went by quick, and soon enough I was meeting my friends for lunch in the parking lot. We ate our lunches in my van, all of us gathered on the backseat. 

Lena quietly chewed her PB&J and then Andrea finally spoke up. 

"Man, I'm gonna miss this. You sure you can't just live with me for senior year?" 

I looked down and smiled at my apple. "You know how my dad is. He's so protective over me; acting like without him I'll die instantly."

"Well he does own a gun shop," Lena piped up. 

We all laughed and returned to silence, this day couldn't be happy even if we tried. "I guess the town is rumored to have 'supernatural' activities. My dad said theres a bunch of videos on youtube and stuff but it seems wack to me." I stated, agressively biting out of my apple. It seemed like my dad did everything for him, maybe thats why mom and my sister Liv aren't with us anymore.

"Ooh maybe you'll find a hot vampire to date!" Lena squealed.

"Or a werewolf!" Andrea added.

We all laughed in unison at the thought of me falling in love with a vampire or werewolf. 

As 2:05 PM hit, I was at my bedroom door with beads of sweat dripping down my forehead as I tossed my messenger bag by my desk and plopped on my bed. It was mid-August one of the most brutal months for Florida, and I was in dire need of a climate change.

Within 48 hours a new environment will be permanent for the school year. As bummed as I was to leave the life I was comfortable with, I easily accepted that moving would refresh my soul.  

Bored with no homework to worry about, I decided to research my new home. 

Mystic Falls, Virginia.

Population: 6,923.

History of vampires, witches, and werewolves.

As I scrolled through photos online I actually admired the town. Cute and quaint, different then Florida and definietly beautiful. There was green woods, big dark blue lakes, and a range of colored leaves falling from the trees. Maybe moving out of this hot-icky-swamp state would be a good thing. I smiled at closed my laptop, going to sleep as I cherished one of my last nights in Florida.

*Dream*

I was running down a random road, surronded by tall green trees and a dark sky. I kept running and running, until I stumbled over a pothole and road-burned my arms. My wrists were turning red, eventually causing blood to pour out. There was no cars, no noise. I felt helpess and trapped in a world by myself.

Then there was a noise from the woods. The thick trees made it hard to see, until a figure zoomed towards me. This man's eyes were so blue yet had dark veins under his eyes. I stumbled backwards and managed to get up, out of breath and on the verge of crying. 

"Hey-are you okay? You look a mess and its quite late out," The blue eyed man with dark slick hair said.

I couldn't speak. I just stared at his under eye veins and dark look. Just a blink of the eye and the man was right in front of my face.

"Don't scream." He said looking into my eyes and sinking his teeth into my arm.

-

I woke up gasping for air, as if the dream had actually occured in reality. As I laid back down in bed I checked my phone, 3:42 am. I put my phone back down and went back to sleep, hoping that dream wouldn't occur again.

I stood in my driveway as I said goodbye to the brick house in which so many memories have been made. Goodbye to the countless memories of swimming in my pool every summer. Goodbye to the family that used to occupy it. Soon my name will be floating out of this town, day by day.

I sat in the passenger seat of the moving truck, holding my messenger bag close, which held my favorite books, a pair of headphones, lipstick, and my glasses. The car ride from Florida to Mystic Falls, Virginia was gonna be a long one. Good thing I enjoy car trips, and classic rock, because thats all we listened to on the way. Luckily sleep took over me and I slept for hours while we traveled through states. 

"Liz, we're here," I heard my dad say as he lightly tapped my shoulder to wake me up.

I rubbed my eyes and put my wavy hair in a bun. As I got out of the car to stretch I immediately felt a nice breeze and warm sunlight.

The house my dad bought made me instantly happy, it fit us perfectly. It was in a neighborhood full of big yet family oriented houses, however our house was a little smaller which I didn't mind. The outside was covered in stoned and had a wrap around porch which I always dreamed of having. I walked up to the cozy looking house, imagining me drinking hot chocolate with a sweater on outside in a month or so on the cute wooden porch.

"Pick any room you want sweetie!" I heard my dad yell from the truck. 

I smiled and was even looking forward to decorating this room. It included a built in bathroom and a walk in closet, which I needed badly! There was two dark purple walls and one earthy green. I peered outside the window, which included a window seat, perfect for reading. The house next door was giant and old, reminding me of a boarding house. I decided to leave the blinds open and crack the window to let the cool hair in the empty house. 

I was sitting at the window seat in my room, writing in my journal for the first time in this house. I was enjoying the cold breeze while wearing sweatpants and hoodie, not a thing you can do comfortably in Florida. I admired my room that I spent all day putting together and made my way to look out the window the house next to me again, the old one with the beautiful garden in the back. The front door was big and welcoming, as well as the tall windows around the house. 

I wonder what the people in this town are like, or my neighbors in that mysterious looking house. It would be relieving having friends nearby or at school who share the same interests as me. That thought brought me to the reality I have to attend my senior year at Mystic Falls High School tomorrow. I ended the night hoping my classes weren't terrible and that I at least had art class. 

Something told me to look outside again, and I could've sworn I saw something race through the yard. I pulled the covers over my shoulders and switched off my bedside light as I sleepily closed my eyes, ready to tackle on a new school the following day.

Hmph.

~

So, I'm actually obsessed with The Vampire Diaries, I love the setting and characters which helped inspire me to write! I just enjoy the topic and love writing about it.Sorry if this chapter was a bit boring/filler, I just wanted to make sure you understand Liz and her personality.

Please comment, vote, or follow and let me know whatcha think :)

-Julia xo