Chapter Sixteen

A/N: *****WARNING!!!!*****  This chapter is descriptive and uhm... pervy :) Read at your own discretion but remember that I did warn you, so don't come crying to me if your wee little eyes read something that your innocent mind just can't handle.... I don't think that'll be a problem for most of you... your minds are FAR from innocent, just like mine :))))

Chapter Sixteen 

“Did you find out anything?” Gill questioned Pete the following afternoon. It was the first chance they’d gotten to slip away alone and speak together. Jeb and the gang had been uncharacteristically serious and planning details for the night since dawn. 

Pete sighed and ran his hand through his thick red hair before plopping his hat back on his head. “No…” 

“I thought you were going to talk to Jane. Hell, you spent the whole night in her tent,” Gill reminded him with a grumble. Apparently those barriers they’d said they were going to keep in place between them and the members of this gang didn’t mean much to Pete when his pecker got to talking… of course Gill couldn’t say anything. If Craig hadn’t shown up last night, he would have let Jeb do anything he’d wanted to him without putting up too much of a fight. 

“Well ya see…” Pete grinned, the gap in his teeth adding to his childish expression. “We didn’t do much talking while we shared that tent.” 

Gill just shook his head. “Damn you, Pete. You always have fancied yourself a gap-toothed, freckle faced Casanova.” 

Pete laughed. “Don’t be jealous, Gill! You’ll always be my favorite and I promise to stay in your tent the next time we set up so you don’t get lonely.” Pete winked. “That is, unless you’ll be staying warm in Jeb’s tent…” 

“When we get back to base, I’m requesting a new partner,” Gill warned, a grin pulling at his lips. 

Pete threw his arm over his shoulders. “You don’t mean that. You know I’m the only man for you.” 

Gill laughed loudly when Pete suddenly pressed a popping kiss to his cheek. He was about to shove his best friend away and let him know just how daft he was when a throat cleared behind them. “Should I be worried?” 

Gill’s body responded instantly to that voice. Damnation! What was it about Jeb? Why, after so many years of holding this side of himself at bay, was Gill suddenly powerless to stop his want and his need for this outlaw?

Pete spun around, his hold on Gill never relenting so Gill spun as well and nearly became tangled up on his own feet. “He’s mine, Jeb. I saw him first,” Pete stated, the lopsided grin never leaving his face. “You’ll have to find your own.”

Jeb just crossed his arms over his chest and quirked up a brow as his sharp green eyes dragged over Gill’s entire body, heating him to the core. “Is that right?” Jeb drawled. 

Gill shoved Pete off of him and took several steps to the side but didn’t’ say a word. Pete chuckled. “Well hell… guess you done stoled my man, Jeb.”