Prologue (Edited)

Hi! So this another story I'm writing and I hope you enjoy it. ☺☺
So, here's a pic of Archer. I don't know who he is but I liked it.

Prologue -

Today is the day. I am finally going to find out who my mate is. Today it's my 16th birthday. That is when we, werewolves, know who our mate is.

It's a big day for me today, because being one of the only male subs of the pack is lonely. I will finally stop being a burden to my family.

I am what people call an Omega. I am weaker, smaller and slower than the Dominants. And, if it wasn't for my father's position, the other wolves would have treated me bad. You see, my dad is the Alpha of the pack. He's mated to my mom, the Luna. However, she's also a Dominant. It is rare for a Dominant to be mated to another Dominant, but when it happens it means that both of them have strong wolves. I also have a brother. He's the next in line to be the Alpha. Like my father, he's strong. He is really strong. But, he doesn't have a mate yet.

It is a rare thing to see male subs, because most of us are girls. Eww, girls. Yeah, I know.

I headed to the Eating Chamber, and entered it. The Eating Chamber, as the name said is the place where we eat. It is a huge room with at least ten tables strategically placed around the place. All the tables were made of mahogany and the benches were like the ones Human Monasteries had in their eating place. My family was seated in one of the tables that stood in the middle of the chamber.

When I did enter the place, the most amazing smell caught my attention. It was delicious. It smelled like mint and pine trees. A scent I would like smell until the day I died.

I looked around in the room, sniffing. Trying to see where the smell was coming from. After looking around for minutes, I noticed a Dominant leaving the room and with him, the scent. I got up from where I was seated near my parents.

- Where are you going, Archer? - My mom asked somewhat impancient with my behaviour.

- I'm just going to go for walk. - I told her, my voice didn't give any information.

It appeared as though I was really just going for a walk, when actually I was going to meet the man I would spend the rest of my life with.

I left the room in a hurry. Hoping that my mother would not come after for me. I sniffed again. Trying to catch the scent of my so wanted mate.

I caught it when a breeze came by. The scent was coming from outside. I followed the trail left by it and I ended up in front of the Pack House. However, he was not there, nor in any place in sight.

No, I had to continue to follow; I would not forgive myself if I lost the scent that would take me to my mate. But it was more difficult for subs to follow a scent outside. Because of all the other scents. But this one was a scent I was not going to lose.

I started sniffing, trying to catch just a little bit of it. And I did it. It felt amazing when the scent hit me one again. I followed it again.

Near the boundaries of our territory I found someone. He was surrounded by trees and bushes that led the way into the ever calling forest. He almost seemed as though he belonged there. In the woods. He was a part of the ecosystem. Small birds flew on the sky, the sound of their wings beating to the air, brought a beautiful melody that reached my sensitive ears, making it seem as though I was in heaven.

I walked until I was behind him. This was the source of the smell. This is it. I was going to meet my mate. My other half. The other part of the coin we were.

- H-Hi. - I said my voice shaking with the nerves.

He looked back, surprised that I had been able to follow him here. He had chocolate brown eyes, with raven black hair and a little stubble in his chin. He looked older than me, but not by much. He had thin lips that just made me want to kiss them.

- Hello, little sub. - He said smiling down at me.

I hate when people call me Sub. Okay, so what if I am a Sub. Is it really necessary to make reference to that every time? Just because I am a Sub that does not mean you can just say it.

- What's your name? - I asked curious.

- Tyler.

- I'm Archer. I like your name. - I told him shyly.

He smiled a sad smile.

- I am truly sorry, little mate, but I can't be with you. - His eyes became watery.

- W-What?

-I'm sorry. It's not you, it's me. - How ironic that he had pulled that card. I laughed bitterly to myself. - I just can't be with someone right now. It would only be a burden to me.

Tears started to gather in my eyes.

- Just like I am to everyone in the Pack. I am just a burden. - I whispered with my head hanging low.

He lifted my chin up, and I looked in his eyes.

- No, you are not a burden, Archer. It's just that my life is a little complicated right now.

- Okay. But if you want to say it, it's your choice, not mine. I am just the sub, after all. - He looked sad, but was he really that sad? I mean, he was the one "breaking up" with me.

- Archer Black, I, Tyler Baptiste, hereby reject you. - He said as tears gathered once again in my eyes.

With tears rushing down my face, I raced inside the Pack House and into my room. I stayed there for a while.

Sobs where wrecking through me. A wave of lost wrecked my insides. I didn't even meet my mate for a full day, and he had already rejected me.

What's wrong with me? How can I be such a bad mate, that he would want to get rid of me as soon as we've met? Am I that ugly? I looked at the mirror in the bathroom.

I had blond almost white hair, with crystal blue eyes. I had full pink lips. I may not be manly but I'm not ugly. I think.

There was a knock in the door of my bedroom.

- Son, comes out of hiding. It's time for us to find your mate.

I started sobbing. Real loud. My dad approached the bed, and sat near my shaking form. He pulled me into his arms, and whispered that everything was going to be okay. But I knew it wouldn't. Nothing would be okay again. Nothing. Without my mate, I would just be a burden again to my family.

- What happened, baby boy? - Dad asked.

- H-he rejected m-me. - I whispered.

My dad got out of the bed, anger was started to rise within him. He pulled me into his embraced and hugged me tight once again.

- Who did it? - He asked. His voice strong with anger.

- No one, dad. - I said, trying to clean my face of tears.

- Who is him? - He asked in a voice full of rage.

- I'm not telling, you would hurt him.

- Tell me who he is. Now. - He yelled using the Alpha tone. I flinched away from him. Afraid of what he might do.

- No. - I whispered low, but I knew he had listened. He always could hear me.

He looked at me, his eyes full of rage and worry.

- I just want the best for you, Archer. - he told me with his voice softening.

- But if I tell you, you will hurt him.

He nodded and got out if the room, leaving me alone. I pulled my legs to my chest, and stayed there, crying my eyes out.