The Stripper Who Cried Wolf - Chapter 13

Getting used to my senses were hard. My vision was easy and quite useful because I could read a sign which was miles away as if it were standing right in front of me. I could see every flaw, every scar and if I looked close enough I could see the tiny cells of my skin like a microscope. 

The downfall of my heightened senses was the fact that when I walked in crowds I could smell the sweat, sometimes causing my eyes to water. Let me tell you, walking past dirty alley ways nearly caused me to pass out. The smell of garbage and an unbearable stink always overwhelmed me so now I'd taken to carrying a hankicheif with the smell of lavender and vanilla for me to smell passing those particular places. 

My hearing was bearable, yet when I lay in bed I got easily annoyed if a tap downstairs was dripping or if the crickets sang at night. 

"So where exactly are we going?" I turned to Jordan as we sat in his car. 

His lips turned up into a mischevious smile. "I'm introducing you to the pack."

My brows furrowed, "Isn't the pack just your family?"

"Yes," He nodded, turning the car into a winding road. "But over the centuries our pack has grown. We accepted rogue wolves into the pack and they served as our protectors. Young grew up and had their own, automatically making the young part of our pack. And so generation after generation was born."

"How did you become alpha?" He looked at me quizzically. "What I mean is were you born to be alpha or did you fight for the spot as most wild wolves would do?"

"My father recognised me as the next alpha. I have three other brothers and another sister apart from Alana," He began to explain, me hanging on his every word. "As I grew older I became more dominant. My father was proud as by the time I were fifteen I was more powerful than his second in command. Every threat to the pack, I helped my father bring down should he need it.

"My father was challenged by a rogue wolf and killed by a cheap strike to the throat. As it was a challenge, the pack wasn't allowed to interfere. When the rogue declared himself the new alpha, so full of rage I challenged him as soon as the words left his lips. With such fury over my fathers death, the power I had within me came rushing out. I had no interest in becoming an alpha, only protecting my family. I accepted so that the pack wouldn't have gone became an uproar for leader, and also for my father's memory."

My hand covered his gently, "Your father would be so proud to see what you've done for the pack. And he would be so proud of the man you have become. As I am proud to call you my mate."

"My father would have liked you," Jordan smiled, raising my hand to his lips. 

"Do you think your pack will like me?"

A smirk upon his face brightened the whole of his face.

"You have already met some of the pack, but the news of my mating causes such joy from all of the pack. They have been waiting for me to find my mate for a while now. They're anxious to meet their Queen."

I laughed out right. "I'm no Queen."

"To them you are. As my mate you are." Jordan's voice held a serious tone. "You are now Queen of my pack. If I'm not there, the pack look up to you for guidance. It's very rare I won't be there but do not fear, I will never leave you unprotected. And neither will the pack. They are also your family, now."

Before I had time to say anything else, we pulled into a huge mansion which left you breathless. The long winding road, the huge fountain, the flowers, the statues - everything was amazing!