Vampire Knight FANFICTION "Resonance" Chapter 14, The Prince and his Knights

Time was up.

The clock began to alarm as Roko walked over to it. "Looks like your time is up Yuki..." She shuffled backwards on the chair, trying to get as far away from Roko as she could. She soon could no longer shuffle back. The door leading into the other room was stopping her. She tried to push all her weight against it to force it open, but it was hopeless. Roko picked up his scythe and walked towards her. "Say goodbye..." She shook her head, pleading. "Please! Don't do this!" He held the scythe above his head and swung it down. Yuki let out a scream.

When he tried to pull the scythe back up, he noticed that it had become stuck somehow. He opened his eyes and saw that the scythe had gone straight throught the floorboards. Trying to pull it out seemed useless. He look up, gritting as he saw the door to the room open from the other side. Two hands grabbed Yuki and pulled her into the room, slamming the door closed again.

Yuki became untied and spun around. "I knew you'd come Kana-" She froze with shock, coming face-to-face with Zero. She stared into his eyes. "Z-Zero?! How.." Before she continued, Zero pulled her ito a hug, shaking slighty. "I thought... you were dead..." Yuki was still frozen for a few seconds, before she wrapped her arms around Zero tightly, balling her eyes out. Zero smiled as he hugged Yuki tighter. "You're ok now.. " The feeling of despair and fear left her the moment they embraced. She felt warmer than she had ever felt before.

Roko was heard cursing on the other side of the door. Zero grabbed her hands. "We need to get out of here though, that guy is going to-" A loud, slashing noise was heard from the other room. They both stopped, waiting for the door to be broken down. That wasn't the case though, instead, there was silence. Zero hesitantly opened the door, making sure Yuki was behind him incase Roko was still there. As he opened the door, he saw Roko laying face down on the floor, covered in blood. Kaname held Roko's scythe in his hands, but dropped it when he saw Zero.

Kaname spotted Yuki, sighing with relief. "Yuki! You're safe!" He hugged her briefly, letting go when he noticed she wasnt as happy to see him. "Yuki..." She shook her head, wiping her eyes. "You refused to help me..." He stood in shock, staring blankly at her. "I made a mistake Yuki, Roko was someone i was fond of.. i never thought he would.." She sighed. "But despite everything i said to you... you still didn't even approach him..." She looked at the others, smiling. "Thank you all for saving me..." They all stood there, dumbfounded. Hanabusa stared. She doesn't even look panicked?! Yuki walked to Kaname, hugging him. "Im sorry... I can't live here with you... i was never meant to be a pureblood.." Kaname stared at her, trying to take in what she was saying. Zero watched as Yuki walked over to him. "How did you know where I was? Or that i was in trouble?.." Zero stopped her. "I will tell you everything after... now isn't the time.." She looked in shock, before smiling and nodding. "I understand."

Later on, Yuki walked with Zero to the end of the town. She stopped walking, hanging her head in shame. "Im sorry Zero... " He took a moment to realize why she was apologizing. "You have nothing to be sorry about... I... tried to hurt you.. back then.." She shook her head. "You were protecting that girl..." He looked at the ground. "I had only just met her.. after everything you have done for me in my life..." He glanced back up at Yuki. "I care more for you than I do for her... Yuki..." Without moments hesitation, Yuki pulled Zero into a kiss. He stared at her for a moment before closing his eyes. Their first kiss seemed perfect for them both. After a few seconds Yuki moved back from him, smiling. Zero opened his eyes, smiling back. "Didn't see that coming.." She grinned, not used to seeing him smile. " I wish things could go back to how it was before... at Cross Academy.." His smiled faded slightly as he agreed with her. She sighed, covering her face with her hands. "If only I wasn't a pureblood... then we could go back and live like we used to..." Zero took her hands, holding them. "I don't care if you're a pureblood, you're still you, no matter what has changed..." She smiled. "Thank you, Zero..." She kept her hand in his, resting her head on his shoulder as they began walking into the forest.

(Thanks for reading :) Please read the "End Notes" If you felt i missed something out or i ended it weirdly, hopefully that will answer why :D )