Chapter 26

We have arrived at this fancy restaurant at around 7:15 pm. I am now seated in front of Hayes, waiting for our order. He was texting someone and was giggling at the same time, and I'm here just looking at random rich people who's jewelries are shining. I wonder, how did Hayes get to pay this? I mean, he doesn't earn that much money..

"Hey how did you pay for this?" I quizzed and he looks up at me.

"Hhmm... Do you know the word 'saving' ?" He asked me sarcastically and continued "That's what I kinda did so yeah" He gives me a shrug and a smug smile plastered on his face.

I groaned and let him be. I bit my inside cheeks, trying to entertain myself from this boring atmosphere. Clicking glasses, business talks and... Noises coming from the streets and camera flashes existed when the entrance was opened. Looks like we got some big guest here. I wasn't able to see the artists face since a few people were crowding him/her.

"Ma'am, Sir" A bold american accent shook me off my thoughts and turns out it's the waiter. He was holding a black tray with his right hand and the other hand sets the food on our table.  "Enjoy your food Ma'am, Sir" he glanced at me and Hayes with a soft smile and buzzed off.

The food looks delicious and I can't wait to touch it with my mouth. The smell is mouth watering. "Damn baby." Hayes said at the existent of the food. I picked up the fork and spoon and started eating. Before I even knew it I've already devoured all of what's in my plate.

"That was awesome!" I said and wiped my mouth with a piece of napkin. "Thank you, Hayes, even though you're so annoying sometimes" I gave him a smug smile and let out a chuckle.

"My pleasure" He laughed light.

"Anyways I need to go to the restroom" I said, standing up. He nodded in reply and I hurried into the restroom. I took a pee and retouched my make-up then walked back but then I bumped hard into someone's chest that it almost made me hit the ground but the person held me in place. I ran my fingers through my hair and was about to say thank you at the tall figure, when I realized it was him. The one and only.

"Ash?" oh shit.

"....Uhm.. Have we met before?" I pretended like I do not know him but from his green eyes and curly hair you can tell that's it him.

"It's me Harry" He said pointing to himself with a huge smile on his face.

"Oh Hi, Harry.. Long time no see" I said avoiding not sounding it like I'm being uncomfortable. I looked at him straight in his eyes and he still got the spark in those orbs and he's still as beautiful as he was. Oh snap out of it, Veronica.

"How have you been?" He quizzed looking at me from down to up. "You... look.. Great" He stuttered and I saw him biting his lower lips.

"I need to go" I let out a fake chuckle and a small smile and quickly rushed to the table where me and Hayes.

"Hayes Harry's here" I mouthed and he understood it quickly which made him say "oh." "Did you say Hi?" He even got the urge to ask even though he knows what happened.

"Let's go" I say grabbing him and pulling him with him. That was much unexpected and out of all of people why does it have to be him? I mean it can be Dayrit or someone. Seeing him takes me back to all the memories in just a snap. Seeing him makes me happy and sad at the same time. Seeing him again makes my heart melt and this feeling is so wrong even though I know its right.

-

The next morning I decided to go for a jog with my black sports bra, sweatpants and a pair of trainers. It was a very good run. I like it how sweats are dripping down my skin and lucky enough I always bring a towel with me.

I jogged back to the house and I saw an unfamiliar black range rover parking in front of our lot. Who owns that car? I can't even remember a friend owning a Range Rover and no one told me that someone's coming this morning. Mhm, maybe it's Hayes' visitor or something.

I pushed the door open and saw a guy sitting on the couch and in front of him is Hayes whom is just staring at the guy.

"Hayes?" I said placing my water bottle on the counter as I walked up. Both of their heads turned to me and oh shit, it's him! NOT AGAIN.

"Oh hi, Harry", I stammered with a sarcastic smile on my face. I gestured to Hayes to go back to his room and he did so. "What are you doing here?" I said confidently and sit on the couch where Hayes sat at.

"Ash, I know you might find me creepy because I'm here-"

"I actually do" I chuckled shaking my head pretending that I am comfortable with him right here but to be honest at all I'm 200% not.

"I'm sorry okay? Not just because I’m here but of what I did the past years. I was a stupid guy" He says softly then looks down, rubbing his thumbs together. I can say that he's genuine by the looks in his eyes and the way he said it.

"Harry.." I say and I can see his face lighten up as I said his name. He still looks the same just a little bit older. I was lost of words by the way he looks at me and I know it happened years ago but there's just a bit pain. I thought I have moved on but then he showed up. He showed up out of nowhere and the bad/good memories keep on coming back. I feel like crying but I don't want to cry in front of him because that would be weird but before I knew it tears started to fall down my face.

"I-I'm sorry I think... I-I should go" he stuttered and I can see that he was worried but was too afraid to come closer.

"No...” I mumbled loud enough for him to hear and he looks back at me. "Harry please stay" I didn't even expect that coming out of my mouth. I just said it and I hate it because I sound so desperate but my heart is fighting for me.

Why does he have to be here? Why does my love for him seems to crawl back? this is so wrong.. I'm doomed.