Chapter 63

After making himself a sandwich and finishing his homework, Corey looks around the living room feeling bored. His friends are at basketball practice and its not like he can drive any where for a couple more days. Wondering what he can do to occupy his time, he hears the thumping of Sevyn's music playing upstairs. He heads upstairs, figuring they can play the Xbox to kill sometime.

He knocks on her door and waits a moment before slowly pushing it open. He peeks inside just in case she's doing something privately, like changing.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asks, opening the door wider. She's sitting on the floor with het back towards him, clothes, papers, books, shoes, jewelry and other junk surrounds her in a piled up mess. Her usually perfect room looks like a tornado hit it. Her radio that's bumping Beyonce is too loud for her to notice Corey.

He walks over to the radio and lowers the volume. Sevyn turns around and her eyes widen, "Get out!" She exclaims jumping to her feet and pushing him. "No one is allowed to see my room like this!"

"Hey calm down, it's just a messy room." He tries to tell her as she continues pushing him.

"No it's a disgusting pig sty, get out!" Sevyn urges, trying her best to use all her strength and get him out the door. She pushes and pushes, repeatedly slamming her hands into his chest.

Corey grabs her wrist to stop her, "Ok you're gonna stop pushing me." He says firmly. "You probably left bruises. You know I'm lightskin."

Sevyn rolls her eyes. "Please get out."

"No I'm bored. Come play Xbox with me." He says dropping her wrist.

"When I'm done cleaning I will."

"How long will that take?"

"Depends, what day is it?"

Corey groans and plops down her bed. "I wish I could drive my car. This head trauma is a pain."

"Tough luck, now get out." Sevyn commands.

Corey looks at her confused. "Why? It's just a room."

"Yeah but I don't like when people see my room like this. My mother taught me that a clean room tells a lot about people's personality, and I am not a hot mess like my room is right now."

Corey rolls his eyes. "Girls," he says like its a typical girl thing. "We all know your not sloppy Sevyn, get over it."

Figuring that he's not going to leave, Sevyn sighs and turns up her music before going back to her spot on the floor. Corey watches as she sorts through loose papers and makes two piles of things to keep and things to throw away. He spots something peeking out from under her bed and picks it up. He bites his lip to keep in his laughter.

"So, how many times have you worn this?" Corey asks her.

Sevyn looks over to see what he has and practically dies. "Oh my God, gimme that!" She yells jumping up yet again. Corey springs up from the bed and runs to the corner of the room, waving the lacy turquoise thong over his head like a flag.

"Just tell me how many times you've worn it!" He laughs as Sevyn jumps up and tries to grab it, but she's not tall enough.

"Corey please!" Her cheeks are on fire and her chest feels tight like she's going to die from embarrassment any moment.

"Just tell me, I promise not to tell." He places a hand over his heart solemnly.

Sevyn stops jumping and crosses her arms, keeping her eyes glued to the floor. "None," she mumbles.

Corey's eyebrows crinkle. "Huh?"

"None, ok!?" She explodes. "I've never worn the stupid thing."