Princess Life

Dianne's POV

It's Saturday but I cannot escape hell. I'm done with my lessons on how to enter and exit a conversation gracefully. Right now I am stuck with my self presentation session.

My mom said that I don't walk, stand and talk like a lady. I can be lady-like when I want to and I can not be any of this when I like to.

"Eyes straight, stomach in and breast out, Dianne", Ms. Stepfolous glared. "How many times do I have to repeat that?"

Uh oh. She is agitated again.

Who do all of these things that as what they said are good posture, when your ankles are aching like hell.

These five inch heels are made from hell. I don't get why many girls dig these things. I'd rather melt in the comfort of my Converse, but my mom would grill me.

"What is the use of your great height and body when you cannot stand gracefully", she eyed me, disappointed.

I rolled my eyes and did what I was asked to do. Do I even have the freedom to do what I like?

I remembered when I tried to regain a little bit of my freedom. I asked my mom and dad to send me to a normal school at their liking. And I also remember our screaming war after.

It went like this.

Dad, may I go to school, I said. He replied now? Your normal classes will start later. I said No I mean school as in the normal one your choice of course. The both of them looked at me like I've grown another head. And all hell broke loose.

For parents, they can be so controlling. Well, I understand them doing that because I am a princess and I have responsibilities, but it is not like I will be the one inheriting the crown. The law states, the eldest male child will inherit it. If no male heir was born, the eldest princess or the brother of the preceding king will inherit the crown. Technically, my older brother will get it.

Don't get me wrong. Living in a comfortable life, where money, status and hierarchy is not a problem, but freedom is taken away and so is privacy.

I can't even say YOLO meaningfully because everything around me is safe.
"I am so hardcore that I didn't go to the ball, YOLO." Yep that was my yoloest moment. I did get a heavy scolding from my grandma. I'm thinking about it and I shiver.

For my privacy, I say thanks to all my bodyguards out there. Because of them, all of those paparazzi's can't go beyond 20-feet radius near me. So the result is, no scandals and no ugly pictures. All my pictures in the internet are taken on galas and social gatherings. Yes, I googled myself.

"Keep that posture and walk"

Just like the puppet of a puppeteer, I did just as what she instructed.

After two hours of etiquette classes aka hell's classes, I'm a beat.

I changed from my dress to the comfort of sweatpants and over-sized shirt.

I walked to the kitchen and took a tub of cookie dough ice cream. Heaven is real.

If Ms. Stepfolous will ever see this, she will flip. She will be like "No no no. That's all sugar and sugar creates fats and fats leads to ugly figure". And I know I'll retort "Food is Love and Food is Life". And I'm pretty sure my mom will blow up so I know that I will not parade with this ice cream with me in front of Ms. Stepfolous.

I can see an old guy in a suit wandering around.

"Mayer, where is my mom and dad?" He is our butler since forever. He is deeply loved because of his loyalty and service.

"Your highness, they are in New York now", he said politely "They will be arriving here tomorrow for the ball"

"Bollocks", I scoffed. Ugh. Balls here balls there. I think I have a hidden hate for many types of balls.

It's Sunday tomorrow and I cannot rest because, as what my mom said, I am a princess and princesses have responsibilities.

Mayer excused himself and went back to his work.

I went back to my room with the ice cream in my hand.

I opened my laptop and opened Netflix. Some Game of Thrones will make my boring life more adventurous.

------------------------------------------

So here is the first chapter of the Undercover Princess. I hope you enjoyed it dear, potatoes. Please vote and comment.

Barbara Palvin will be our dear Princess Dianne