IX. Wildfire

A/N: This chapter contains mature content not suitable for young audiences.

I was woken up by the sun's rays filtering through the curtains. I hadn't slept for that long since I was a teenager, surprisingly enough. I turned to Reeve's side of the bed only to find he was not there.

Where could he be?

I saw a note on the bedside table. I took it and read:

Agata,

I hope you're feeling okay. I'm off to work; sorry I didn't wake you up. You were sleeping so peacefully; I didn't have the heart to do so. Feel free to take a shower and get comfortable. There are towels in the cabinet, and I've set out some clothes that seem like they might be your size. You don't have any idea how happy it makes me feel to see you sleeping in my bed. I'll be back for lunch. I can't wait to see you again.

Yours,

Reeve

I smiled after reading the note and grabbed the pillow that Reeve used. I blushed and buried my face in the pillow as the flashback of what happened last night came back to tease me. It was completely wonderful. I tried to shake it off, but to no avail, especially since his scent lingered on the pillow I was hugging.

I found a pair of jeans, a shirt, and some underwear folded neatly on the bathroom shelf. I wondered where he'd gotten them, but got in the shower and was grateful nonetheless.

I went out of the room and sneaked into the kitchen to find something to eat. I opened the fridge and leaned in to look for food. I was about to move from there when I heard an unfamiliar voice echo in the doorway.

I turned to peek and see who arrived, and saw someone set all of her stuff on the kitchen counter. She walked out into the living room and plopped onto the couch next to the dogs. "I missed the L.A. weather. Do you wanna go visit Amanda?"

I didn't say anything. "Brother?"

I stayed leaning on the fridge when I heard footsteps behind me.

"Hey, did you hear me?" I heard the voice say and I hit my head on the fridge.

"Damn." I yelped and rubbed my head. I looked over and froze at the amused girl before me.

She shot me a weird look. "Who are you?" "Hi," I greeted, waving awkwardly.

"And you are...?" "I-I'm Agata."

We stood there for a minute in an awkward silence until it broke when Nana's sudden bark made us slightly jolt. We both laughed at the same time.

I bobbed my head from side to side. "Kind...of." Her face beamed and she lunged toward me for a

great big hug. "I am so pleased to meet you! I'm Rogue, his sister."

"I'm pleased to meet you, too," I squeaked, cheeks flaring up in embarrassment.

"Are you looking for something to eat?" I nodded.

"You better. You look so pale. Come on, let's have breakfast together."

She grabbed my hand and had me sit down at the kitchen table.

"I'm guessing you expected me to be a bitch, right?"

Rogue laughed as she walked over to the cupboards and pulled out a couple of bowls and spoons. She placed them at our respective table settings before she walked over to the other side of the kitchen to where all the cereals were kept and pulled out a box.