Day 1892

Ten Reasons Not To Die

Day 1892

                                Unknown Point of View

                I stared out at the scenery before me, frowning. The view below me was absolutely astonishing. A valley of forest green trees were visible from where the cliff was located, and right below it was a rapid streaming lake with many large boulders below.

                The place was beautiful, no doubt about it, but who would want to have their wedding ceremony here?

                I looked around, noticing that coral pink and cherry roses decorated the place. I took a seat in the fourth row, not too far back, yet not smack in the front. I smoothed out my lilac purple dress, taking a seat next to a girl who looked half my age. She had a rosy pink dress on, and her blonde hair was curled to perfection. She was grinning the entire time, as she kept turning her head back around to see if she could spot the bride.

                The groom and all of the best men were lined up on the far right of the stage. The groom was wearing a classic black suit with a matching black bow tie. His dark hair was tousled, and even though he wore the happiest smile on his face, I could tell he was nervous.

                “Everyone please stand for the bride.” The priest announced, as everyone stood up in unison. The girl beside me jolted up in giggles, as the nun beside her tried to calm her down.

                The flower girl and the ring bearer suddenly began to walk down the aisle, as the flower girl tossed rose petals back and forth.

                The girl beside me let out a groan, as she crossed her arms. “I wanted to be the flower girl.” She muttered under her breath, pouting a lip out.

                I stared down at her, as her crystal clear blue eyes locked into mine. “Why weren’t you?” I gave her a gentle smile.

                She looked up at me with surprise. “They said I was too old.” She huffed. “I’m only eleven!”

                The bridesmaids were beginning to come down the aisle now, as I gave the girl a gentle smile. “Maybe next time?” I offered.

                She shrugged. “I guess.” She mumbled. She stuck her hand out for me to shake, as I took her little hand. “I’m Mallory Moran.”

                I let out a little laugh, as I shook her hand. “Nice to meet you, Mallory.”

                Mallory was about to open her mouth to ask who I was, but before she got to, everyone got silent. Suddenly, the bride appeared on the aisle in her gorgeous white dress. It had a sweetheart neckline, and it wasn’t too tight, but tight enough to show off her curves. Crystals were all embodied in the right places, and her transparent white veil hid her face.

                I’m pretty sure everyone was mesmerized by her beauty.

                “You may now sit.” The priest said, as the bride stood beside her groom, grinning massively.

                “Dearly beloved, we gather here today…” The priest began to speak. Fifteen minutes later, after a few laughs, the priest was finally getting to where everyone was waiting for the entire time. I looked over to the nun beside Mallory, who was wiping away a few stray tears with a handkerchief.

“I, Evan Woods, take you, Remy Montgomery, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.” The groom said, voice shaking in between words.

                The bride smiled, as she bit her lower lip nervously. “I, Remy Montgomery, take you, Evan Woods,  to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.”

                There was a long moment of silence, before the priest spoke up again. “Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pleasure to introduce to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Woods.” The audience erupted into cheers, as I stood up to clap. “You may now kiss the bride!”

                Evan took Remy’s veil off, and with one swift motion, he placed his lips onto hers. Flashes went off from the crowd of people taking pictures, and Mallory, who was still beside me, was jumping up and down, clapping.

                I bet no one here would’ve caught it, but I swore I saw the groom whispering to his bride, “I love you.”

                Here's the epilogue! Sorry for the massive wait! I hope you liked this story as much as I did (;

Please vote on my chapters so I could be in the Watty Awards! I love you all! ♥