Chapter 27

Tristan P.O.V

Twelve am. I was still up. Waiting for her of course. I don't know why I even bothered. She was obviously into Logan. 

But I was so sure she loved me. That night in Vegas was definitely what I would call destiny or fate. Or whatever. I don't know.

That night changed everything. Tatiana Fiori the bubbly girl who spent summers in Italy in my backyard was just a woman trying to find her place in this world and wanting to be happy.

Our parents were best friends until they had a fallout. Italians and our stupid short tempers always caused shit like this to happen.

I was 3 years older than Tatiana and as far as I can remember she was in the kitchen helping my mama bake some sort of cookie or cake or out in the backyard catching frogs. Of course, her mother didn't know what she was up to or else she would go crazy. Mrs. Fiori was the kind of lady who lived by the rule "Your looks are directly proportional to the way people treat you".

In a way, she was true. But unlike everyone else, I never followed that. I truly believed in a person and their attitude. However, I always bullied Tatiana whenever I could and trust me, I was just as chubby as she was. Seeing her at the club.. well actually I planned it that way as soon as the word traveled to my men that she was in town.

Before she got intoxicated, which was only when we were in the hotel room, she was fully aware of what she was doing. She didn't ask me to marry her but it was me who proposed it. Heck, she even said she loved me after the hours of talking.

After we went to the chapel, she started to drink when we were in the room. Eventually, it led to her giving me one of the best lap dances ever and us going to bed. It wasn't like me to sleep with a girl who was seriously drunk off her face, but the dance just changed my mind.

Just to my luck, the next morning, she couldn't remember shit. I was bummed cause the truth is I do love Tatiana Fiori. Fat or not. But she will probably never know that.

I sent her a text: Where are you, T?

Immediately I got a buzz back: Mind your own business, Tristan. I won't be coming back tonight. Logan is pretty cool and I'm spending the night with him at his other place.

Love really was a bitch. I just went to bed. Maybe I should trade in my good ways. 

~~~

"Tristan! Hey! So have you seen Tatiana? We have not heard from her for 3 days already." Kia asked me. 

"Yea I sent her a text and she said she was off at some photoshoot somewhere. Hold on let me shout for Logan. LOGAN." He sauntered into the room.

"What is it?"

"Where did Tatiana go and how long will she be gone for?" for a second, he seemed to have gone pale.

"I'm not sure. She said she'd be gone for a while." with that, he just left.

"What a prick. I can't believe she's with him and not happy with you. When she gets back I'm going to smack her." Kia left the room and winked at me.

At least someone sees the light. Just then my secretary sent me my mail and I noticed that there was a black folder. Immediately, I knew what it contained. The information that I had required for my PI to investigate shit about Logan and what he's done to the company.

As I took off the threads and flipped open the first page, my door burst open. This time it was the last person I expected.

"Anthony? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with Tatiana in Bora Bora for the photo shoot?" I asked him.

He shut the door behind him and his face was extremely pale.

"Tati isn't at a shoot or anything. She has nothing on her calendar. She hasn't been picking up my calls. I think she's in trouble."

"Don't be dumb Anthony I'm sure it was an emergency or something. She's been texting me."

"Let me guess, she doesn't pick up your calls but she texts you, and the last time you saw her was when she went out with Logan?" the man in front of me was nearly in tears. That was enough for me to believe him. If there was anyone who knew anything about Tatiana or where she was, it was Anthony.

When I glanced down to the file in my hand, my eyes probably looked like they were to fall out of their sockets. 

INFO FOUND OUT: INTERESTED IN SHUTTING DOWN COMPANY AND Inheriting EVERYTHING

Under that were several phone call logs and even locations to where he has been.

Holy shit. Logan's been lying all this time.

"We need to find her." I looked at Anthony.