Chapter 18

So I decided to have reminisce a bit with the song on the top or to the side. It just seemed to fit with how Valyn is feeling at the moment. Anywho... on with the story!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 18

Valyn's Pov

My head was pounding and my heart felt as if it was going to burst. This has to be the deepest betrayal I have ever experienced. The pain I'm feeling is so great I can feel myself growing weak and unstable.

It's just too much for my body to handle with everything that is going on. My strength is great, but one can only rely on strength so much. Everyone has a weakness, a breaking point.
Crazily enough I don't think this is mine. Things just don't add up in my mind. Why on earth would Rico do something like this after all the time we've spent together. I know he didn't go any further than what I saw considering I didn't feel anything in our mate bond. Even though we haven't marked one another or mated our bond is present and strong.

I feel conflicted, hurt, angry, and oddly, jealous. Alphas are not supposed to feel insecure. Then again with all the bullshit that's happened to me in my short eighteen years I think I have the right to feel this way.

I think with all that's going on the whole situation with Rico pushed me over my limit. I know I haven't been like my normal self lately.

Or shall I say how I used to be, but after I lost my parents and those close to me I changed.
Then being torn away from my wolf for so long to find out she almost died because my poor judgment. A few hours after that I find my mate and get a visit from the Moon Goddess.
Next I had to try to straighten out things with my pack, sign new treaties, deal with an unknowing mate, try to find my father to help my mom so they can hand the throne down to me, pay a visit to my Kingdom,and now having to deal with mate issues.
I need a counselor or some kind of professional help.

~~~~~~~

After I cried for three hours I stopped the storm. Most of it anyways. Since I don't plan on going back to the Castle anytime soon I'll be going to my secret place. It's a cave hidden in the forest that opens at a sheer cliff drop off.
The inside of the cave is probably about the same size as my house back in Greystone. Seeing as I now have some time to think to myself I think its a good time to talk to Nina. She's tried to block me out but she's not strong enough to do that completely.
'Before you say anything- I don't believe Rico cheated on us. For one Ajax wouldn't allow it. Two I felt nothing through the bond as you said. And three why would he screw up like that and do that with some skank after everything. He even gave us a necklace with his initial in place of a mark.' Nina spoke hoarsely.

'I agree with you, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that he let those sluts invade his personal space. Putting their nasty hands all over him, and then on top of that allowing one into his room. Straddling him on his bed.' Absolutely ridiculous. He better have a damn good reason for all that.

'I don't care how much it takes out of me- but once we get back I say we kick some slutty ass. And while we're at it teach our mate a lesson.' Nina growled. I agree completely. After talking with Nina about her condition, which we now share, I learned that some days are worse than others.

The spell's side effects get worse towards the full moon which is ironic since that's when werewolves are at their strongest. Sometimes everything is normal and others it's like it's a struggle to get out of bed. Everything hurts, making you not want to move. All of your energy and will to do things, is drained.

After our talk about the side effects of the spell Nina suggested that it may be beneficial to practice the elements. Maybe practicing my elemental magic will help to strengthen that side of me, and give us a better fighting chance at beating the spell.