36 || Don't Forget Where You Belong

Evie's POV

"So you want us to tell Zayn - in case he asks - that you went to Ireland for work?" Liam asked, looking a bit puzzled.

"But the real reason is that you're going with your friend to look for someone...?" Danielle added, looking even more confused.

The three of us were at the office pantry for our lunch break, and I finally decided that I was going to need some outside help.

I sighed and took a bite of my apple. "Yes. It's really complicated and hard to explain."

"Oh trust me honey. We're all ears," Danielle plopped both elbows on the table, like a little child waiting for her mum to tell a story.

I groaned. "You guys have to promise not to tell a single soul or I swear everyone will think I'm insane."

"Lips are sealed," Liam promised as he leaned back on his chair in a relaxed position, waiting for me to kiss and tell.

I ended up mumbling a lot of random things before actually getting to the point. I knew I was going to have to tell them about Harry one day, and I guess this was that day since I badly needed their help.

I actually expected them to be blown away or assume that I was out of my mind, but surprisingly, they took it quite well.

"Oh so when you told me about your lucid dreaming experience, it actually continued every night after that?" Danielle asked.

"Exactly," I nodded.

"And you're going with this Niall dude to Ireland because you think Harry might be there?" Liam questioned.

"Yeah. I mean, there is a slight chance," I answered.

Danielle blew the curly strand of hair off her face and shook her head. "Wow. This is so weird. So like if you actually do meet Harry one day... what's going to happen with Zayn?"

"Our relationship is clearly going downhill right now. To be honest, I have no idea what to do. All I know is that I want to find Harry," I sighed. "I love Zayn, but Harry makes me feel something way different. Something I've never felt before. Sometimes I feel like Zayn's just staying with me because we've been together since forever, but his true love is really his career."

"And it's so weird. I feel like he actually knows Harry and there's something he's not telling me," I added.

"What do you mean?" Liam asked.

I bit my lip. I didn't want to tell them that I mentioned Harry's name during sex because that would be awkward. Maybe if I was only talking to Danielle, but telling Liam as well is kind of weird.

"Uh, I just accidentally called him Harry instead of Zayn," I shrugged.

"I had a feeling," Danielle pursed her lips. "What did Zayn say?"

"Okay so that's where it got weird. He was like, 'You know Harry?'" I threw my hands up in frustration. "Isn't the usual initial reaction to situations like that is 'Who is Harry?' It's really like he knew him."

"Well? Didn't you bug him about it afterwards?" Danielle asked.

"I did for awhile but then I didn't push through with it anymore because he was already pissed off as it is so I didn't want to make the situation even worse," I said.

Liam raised an eyebrow and suggested. "You know, there is a big chance that he does know Harry. But of course even if you bugged him to tell you, he wouldn't. He feels threatened."

"If he won't tell me, then I'm really just going to have to find him myself," I sighed.

***

I opened my eyes and found myself in a massive bowl filled with... gum balls? I blinked three times only to realize that I was already dreaming. Where the hell was I?