Eyes

Ivy laughed at the edge of the bed as I threw myself, face first, into the pillows and groaned loudly. She only continued laughing as loudly as she could. I raised my head and glared at her playfully.

"You think this is funny?"

She tried to hold back the laughter to look serious, but she couldn't. "Yes," Ivy croaked out between cackles.

I groaned again and now rolled on my back, groaning in agony at my sore body which protested. "This isn't funny!"

"I'm sorry, Kathryn, but it is. Oh that was brilliant, honestly," Ivy chuckled and then layed back on her elbows. "Oh, Kathryn. You're an excellent dancer! Natural? Really? Oh my! Oh no! That doesn't match your standards, let's try something harder," Ivy spoke, mocking her own mother's voice perfectly. I couldn't help but snort a chuckle.

"My body is gonna be blue tomorrow I think. Those girls dropped me way too often. I'm pretty sure they did it on purpose as well," I spoke and dramatically placed my arm across my eyes. "Why, oh why, must I have such a hard life?!"

"How is it hard?" I shot up and looked at the door where Liam stood, before I groaned in agony. My sore body reacted a bit later, after it was already time to feel sorry for the actions. He frowned at me and I dropped back on my back again.

"Mom wore her out and her muscles are now sore. And she might have a few bruises," Ivy spoke. As soon as she finished I felt cool fingers on my cheek. "You should maybe check her stomach. The girls dropped her and she landed badly on her side. Actually, they dropped her too often for it to be an accident. Girls with super strength can't hold someone like her up? Unbelievable."

I glared at Ivy and held my hands across my sweatshirt so Liam wouldn't have access. "Thanks, Ivy," I said and she grinned at me.

"You're welcome!"

Liam tried to unbind my hands from my stomach, but he was trying to be careful when doing it, so he didn't exactly achieve anything. He groaned and pulled his hands back. "Let me see, Kitten," he insisted.

"Kitten?" Ivy asked in surprise and scrucnhed up her nose. I chuckled and nodded, copying her face and she laughed. "Where did that nickname come from?"

Liam shrugged quickly. "Kathryn. Kat. Kitty. Kitten." I stared at him in amusement. He had thought it through. He suddenly threw his leg over my hip and yanked my hand off of my stomach. I groaned and scrunched up my nose.

"Why?" I whined.

"Because I want to see how bad it is," he answered simply and held my hands together with one of his hands while unzipping the sweatshirt with the other.

"You know, I declare this is abuse. Honestly," I spoke and looked at Ivy, who was looking at us in awe. I raised an eyebrow at her and she shook her head smiling. When cold fingers brushed a bruise on my skin I gasped. "Did you hold your fingers in ice before coming here or something?!"

Liam only kept his eyebrows creased and then placed his entire cold hand against the bruise, making me hiss. "This really is bad. How are your healings normally?"

I leaned my head back, thinking over it. "Usually, I heal very fast. Like within seconds with smaller injuries, but my body has always had a thing for bruises. Usually they last as long as they do for a normal human" I explained and he frowned.

"Well, you're gonna be pretty purple for some time then."

"Really? Thanks, doctor Obvious," I snickered and pulled my hands free from his grip. I swatted his hand off of my skin and covered my stomach with the sweatshirt. "Where were you anyways? You didn't even make it to breakfast."

"Just work. One of our neighboring packs don't like the treaty very much anymore, so I had to deal with that along with Beta Jaq," Liam explained. And I finally learned that jerk's name.

"Well, guys. This has been a pleasure. But I'll be heading to sleep now," Ivy smiled at us. "I'll see you tomorrow, Kathryn."

"See ya, Ivy!" I told her and smiled. Liam stayed silent as Ivy walked out and closed the doors behind her. Then Liam climbed off of the bed and yawned. I took that as a sign and stood up carefully and walked through the bathroom to the closet. 

I found some green shorts, but I decided it was too hot there near Liam anyways, so I wasn't going to wear a top. So when I returned back into the room in shorts and a bra, it was dark again and I climbed under the covers.

Today, Liam didn't pull me closer to him. Instead, he came closer to me. "I own you answers, remember?" I shivered when his breath brushed my shoulder and I nodded.

"How could I forget?" I joked and turned around to face him. In the dark, I saw his face even clearer when at day time. He looked so peaceful, so calm. Nothing to remind me of the monster that he really was. His facial features were more laid back and he had a calm smile on his lips as he studied me as well.

"Your eyes. I'm mostly intrigued by your eyes," he finally spoke staring right into them. "I know that what they make me feel is straight from the mate bond, but I love it. And sometimes, you have this look in them like you're arguing yourself. I don't know what about."

I bit my lip. I even knew what he was talking about.  I was arguing myself about him all the time. If he was all bad, or a straight off monster. If I should run, or stay with him. I was arguing myself about him. That's why neither parts of me have yet won any of these arguments. This is also a part of why I won't allow him to mark me yet. If I was bound to him, I was more likely to already stay than to leave him.