Giving In

I threw Angel’s limp body onto the bed and quickly started to yank his shirt off. He was breathing and just apparently decided to give me a heart attack and pass out. Fucking wimp. I ran into the bathroom and got towels, a bowl of hot water, and then the first aid kit with peroxide and alcohol. I ran back into the room and found him holding his side with his eyes somewhat open.

“You fucking bastard!” I snapped at him. “You gave me a fucking heart attack!” He smirked and wanted to say something smart but I poured the alcohol on the wound. He cursed and I shoved a towel in his mouth before going to work on his side. He cursed in the towel as I cleaned it but once the tweezers came out he pushed my hands away and spit the gag out.

“No fucking way,” he snapped.

“Grow a pair,” I hissed. “The bullet needs to come out.” He glared at me but I was having none of it. He could get hurt taking it out and live but I would not stand to watch him die slowly. I had already seen enough of that in my life and I WILL NOT see it again.

“Just be careful,” he said and then grabbed my free hand and squeezed. Fuck, he’s so fucking cute. I mean…damn. What?

I shook my head and started to dig the tweezers in and he squeezed my hand as hard as he could as I burrowed in. “Remind me to never save your life again.”

I scuffed. “No one asked you to do it this time, Idiota,” I snapped. He laughed and then groaned when I felt the tweezers push against the bullet. I opened the tweezers and heard the suction noise as the blood swished around them before burrowing in farther and then grabbing it.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck,” he cursed as I pulled it back. I almost had it out when he bit into my hand.

“Angel!” I yelled and pulled my hand away. “You can’t do that shit! I am literally inside of your body right now! I could hit something and kill you!”

“You wouldn’t care,” he whispered as his eyes shifted away. I looked away too and then bit my lip as the truth teetered on my tongue. I had literally been panicking ever since he was shot. He was the only thing in my mind and now he bitch slapped me with that and I felt like maybe I should not care. Angel was just another guy in my line of work. People died all the time.

Especially in the mafia.

So why care?

I pulled the bullet out and he cursed but I didn’t care as I dropped the bullet in the bowl and then started to clean off the wound and his stomach and then started the stitching. When I was done I started to clean up and he sat silently on the bed watching me. I got everything in order and was about to grab his phone and report when he spoke.

“Why did you want me to stay awake in the car? Wouldn’t your life be easier without me?” he asked. I turned around so fast I gave myself whiplash before glaring at him.

He had a point. It would be easier without him but I liked a challenged. I loved one. I loved him. I couldn’t live without him at least near me anymore. I craved him, his company, his smiles, his looks, his eyes, his hands, and most of all his lips. Life would never be okay without him anymore.

“I just couldn’t go home without you,” I said honestly. “You know what I would go through for that?” He looked hurt for a second before looking away. I walked over to him to pick up a loose towel when he grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me down on the bed. I was shocked and was about to yell at him to watch his stitches when he claimed my mouth.

“Just tell me the truth for once in your fucking life Sammy,” he snapped and then attacked my mouth again. I wanted to push against him and scream and yell but everything that happened made me grab him and hold him closer to make sure he was really here. Really with me.