Introductory Note

I have always loved Halloween.

When I was young and in elementary school, some of my favourite craft activities took place just as the new school year was starting to swing into high gear. We’d break out the crafts and do various leaf and fall decorations. But my favourite part was making decorations for Halloween, or simply drawing pictures of scary monsters that I’d bring home and insist be put up on the wall or refrigerator.

I might have grown up and no longer engaged in these types of crafts, but my love of Halloween has always remained.

Now, in my early 40’s I still cherish the fun of the Halloween season. My son Alexander, has long been involved in helping me create the intense front yard graveyard Halloween decorations that have become a family tradition.

These reprinted stories are either all set on or near Halloween and when writing them they allowed me slip into the thrill and spirit of the season despite the fact that I wrote most of them at other times of the year. Hopefully, if you’re a Halloween fan you can enjoy them, not just as the fall chill is settling in the air, but virtually any time of the year.

So, enjoy.

And, if it happens to be the right season, Happy Halloween!

Mark Leslie