Day Zero: Arrival

Slowly, I made my way through the crowd of humans. I smiled seeing how they were so alike to us dragons. I looked at the sky and wondered how we were different from them. My thoughts were interrupted as a brown haired girl bumped into me, her hazel eyes staring into my golden irises.

"Are you Kin'iro?" her soft timid voice barely making a dent in the wall of sound made by the people around us. I simply gave her a small smile and nodded as she jumped into the air with glee , grabbing my hand and taking me to the nearest exit. For a moment, I felt like it was a trap, until she turned and smiled before grabbing a crumpled paper. She must have folded and refolded time and time again for this moment.

"Hi there Kin'iro!" she began, "I'm Amy, your new surrogate sister. I'm hoping we can have lots of fun these next three years. School will be fun and I'm sure you'll make many friends here. I'm always here for you if you ever have..." I held up my hand my soft calm voice making people stop and look, almost as if my voice carried more weight than it gave clue to.

"Thanks, but you don't have to read what the school gave you Amy. I'm happy to meet you. And one more thing, can you help me find my bags? I have no clue where the train put them." I turned to look at her pouting as she leaned up looking at me. Her face looking very adorable as her cheeks puffed up and her hazel eyes seeming even more deep. For a moment I felt my cheeks flush for a human as I pulled back.

"I wrote that, meanie!" she cried. "I was hoping you'd let me say it, I worked really really hard on it!" Hoping to interject and apologize, she cut me off. "Alright fine let's go find your bags, Meanie." she huffed at me as she walked away. I felt like a jerk having thought the school had written that for me. I hung my head, my silver bangs covering my left eye as I pulled my hair back and wrapped a piece of black cloth around it, tying it into a poiny-tail as I followed her wondering how I could make her smile.

"Shikiro," my father stated, "remember that humans aren't like us. They have very little understanding of how magic and mana truly work. Make sure to not reveal you're a dragon. Above all, make sure no female tear touches your skin or you'll become an ancient dragon like your grandfather and lose this more mobile form. Is that understand my youngest son?" I remembered my father's word as I followed her.

Soon, I saw another male by Amy and he seemed to be bothering her. I approached them as I took my bags and leaned on her making a shy, cute voice as I spoke, "Big sis, this bag is heavy. Pwease help me with it." It was her turn to blush as the other male looked me up and down as a dragon male would when seeing another male whose after his mate or would-be mate. She then smiled and giggled remarking on how adorable I was and that she forgave me for earlier.

I turned to him standing straight as I held my hand to him, he spoke first, "Hello there, I'm Jake, Amy's friend and you are?" I simply held his hand in mine shaking it as I spoke in a regal and well mannered form, as I was supposed to. "I am Kiniro, the new transfer student to our school and knight in training."