Before

Before

The first time it happened, it was mid-May, and I was walking home from work. The night sky was a dark, empty void, there was just pitch black, no stars, and from my viewpoint, no moon either. School was coming to an end, and for most people, it meant endless parties to attend, hosted by the elite of my school.

Tonight, Scarlett Woodley was the host, and her lawn was scattered with drunk, wasted boys. Like my brother and his obnoxious friends. At that moment, I started to pray that they wouldn't see me. I just wanted to go home, take a shower, and snuggle up under the covers with a book.

"ADDISON!" my tipsy brother yells, beckoning me to come. "COME HERE!"

Three more houses.

"AW, COME ON, ADDIE! YOUR NO FUN!" one of his friends yells. I swear, when there under the influence, they all sound the same. "WE JUST WANT SOME FUN!"

I don't even turn my head. I just keep walking, until I'm able to slam the door to the house.

In the comfort of my room, I strip myself of sweaty clothes and hop into the scorching hot shower. Much, much better.

"ADDISON!" I jump at the sound of my brother's voice. I peep out to see him standing there, with five of his friends.

_______________

"9-1-1 what's your emergency?"

I clutch the phone so hard that my knuckles are white. "M-my b-brother and his f-friends raped me. They held me d-down and raped me."

One Month Later

I was violated in my home. In my own room to be exact. And my parents didn't believe me. Nobody believed me. My best friend abandoned me. I was labeled the town liar. Why? Because everyone loved my brother. That's why. My mother wouldn't let me press charges. She told the police I was lying, even when the bed sheets were there. My purity entangled with the evidence.

I was lost, so bitterly lost. I try to tiptoe past my brother's room, hoping that he's really sleeping and not pretending to. It didn't work. Either it didn't work or he was planning it all along. He jumps off the bed, runs and yanks my hand back, which makes my head slam into the wall. I kick him with my right foot, and he grabs both with one hand. "Addison, that wasn't very nice." Zachary hisses. I'm sobbing.

"Please don't do this," He takes off his pants. "PLEASE!"

"Addison, stop lying on your brother," is all my mom says when I tell her the painful ordeal.

"WHAT?!" I take a deep breath. "What is wrong with you? He RAPED me and you just think I'm making it up?" I start to cry. "How the hell do you call yourself a mother?"

"Addison, this is my house. I know for a fact that your brother did not rape you. If you even try to mutter a single lie again, I swear I will disown you. You have already made this family a laughing stock. If you don't stop this unnecessary lying, you need some serious help."

"You think I'm lying?" my voice hitched. "Why would I lie about something like that?"

"You'd be surprised." She takes a deep breath, and looks me straight in the eye. "Addison, if you can't handle living here with the truth-that your brother didn't sexually abuse you, then I highly suggest you move out."

There's venom in my blood. This is supposed to be my mother. "Trust me. I will."