Chapter 21- What is Love?

***PLEASE VOTE FOR THE STORY IF YOU LIKED IT!***

CHAPTER 21- WHAT IS LOVE?

-Hera-

Theo’s Office
New York General Hospital
New York City

“Hera…”

I was snapped out of my trance. Then, I realized Theo had called my name and I didn’t hear what he said previously.

“I’m sorry, what?” I asked.

I placed the stack of papers in one of the drawers. Theo’s office was organized now. His patient’s records were now organized alphabetically thanks to me. During the first few days after I organized his office, he constantly asked me where I placed his things. I guess now he already memorized the system I created.

Theo sat in his chair instead of replying to me. Then, he leaned forward and braced his elbows on his desk.

“I asked you what happened today to put that wistful expression on your face,” Theo asked with a kind smile.

“What?” I asked. But I could feel my whole face flush. Since I came back to Theo’s office, my mind’s been wandering. First was that it kept replaying my whole afternoon with Zeus. And then afterwards, I had this vision.

It was like I was dreaming awake. A lucid dream, perhaps. What I know is that what I saw can never be memories.

It was like a hundred pictures playing in my mind. They were of different locations and perhaps even another time. But in each one of them, I was always with Zeus.

The first one was a memory of a kiss.

We were inside a large house made of marble. Zeus had his back turned from me and he was sitting in what seemed to be a throne. He was deep in thought. But the moment that I approached him, he lifted his head and his blue eyes became even brighter. He motioned for me to come to him and I did. Then, he gathered me in his arms and placed me in his lap.

His head descended and he claimed my lips with his. And the kiss felt the same. Everything was similar to the kisses he gave me in the past. It was similar to the kiss in the garden after he told me that we’re inevitable or the kiss in the bar right after we danced. He tasted the same and his lips felt the same.

There were several times when I saw us together on this beautiful, large house which was all white and made of marble. There were times that we were dining, lounging or bathing on the pool. There were also times when I saw us together in our room—him holding me close to his chest.

And then the vision changed and I saw us in another place that looked similar to pictures of ancient Greece I saw in Theo’s books. We were standing on top of a cliff watching as the sea below us churned with waves and the sky above rage with lightning and thunder. War raged on below and ships were swallowed by the ocean. Lightning hit several of the ships and I watched them splinter and sink into the water’s icy depths.

Then, the scene changed again.

We were on top of a mountain and below us were rolling green fields as far as the eye could see. In the distance, I could see the outline of a huge, grey castled made of stone. And below us stood several tall, heavily-muscled warriors. They wore kilts and practiced with their swords and axes. But my eye wasn’t on them. It was on my husband. He was smiling down at me as I ran to him. Then, he opened his arms and I jumped into them. We both laughed as he spun me around and around.