Chapter Thirty Nine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!

The wait is finally over and chapter 39 is finally up! I'm sorry for taking so long to upload, but the last couple of weeks have been so hectic and I've been so busy. Here's chapter 39 and I really hope you all enjoy it and please comment below to let me know what you think! I love to hear your thoughts and opinions!

I have honestly recieved the loveliest comments on this story, and especially on chapter 38. You guys are so awesome and I can't thank you enough! Some people have commented that they want this story to be published, be made into a film and all sorts of things! That's so wonderful and hopefully one day that might happen! Your comments are so sweet and reading them make me smile.

One final thing, TNTCE currently has 985,000 reads! That means it's 15,000 away from 1 MILLION! That's insane! If I wake up to one million reads tomorrow morning, I will be the happiest person! Thank you all for dedicating your time to read this story, without you all, this story would not have happened!

I love you and enjoy!

P.S please don't forget to vote!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damion

Holy shit, what am I doing?

I start the car and the engine purrs to life. The overly-loud melodies of Ron Pope suddenly fill the car and I frown as I press the sound button down on the steering wheel, lowering the volume to zero. Kayla obviously forgot to disconnect her iPod from the music system the last time she was in here, but I need silence right now, I need time to think.

Putting the gearshift into drive, I ease my foot off the break and the Range moves smoothly forward and out of its designated space. I drive to the exit and tap the password into the keypad and the barrier lifts, allowing me to drive out of the apartment’s underground car park and into the busy street.

My jaw tenses, I know Kayla’s mad at me – really, really mad at me – and I burrow my brows at the thought of what she’ll say to me when I get back, or what I’ll say to her. She didn’t say anything to me when I was leaving, or accept my kiss goodbye; she just rolled her eyes at me. When I asked her whether she wanted me to stay she just shrugged and said, “It’s up to you.” Who would think that females could be so stressful? Especially pregnant ones. I know I seem like an idiot or a douche right now and she has every right to be mad at me, but I’ve just got this gut feeling that seeing Rosie is the right thing to do, even as stupid as it seems.

As I pull up at the first stop lights, I’ve got this urge to turn back. I should probably call her. I grab my iPhone and call Kayla and on the final ring she answers.

“Yes?” she snaps, and I put her on speaker as the light turns green.

“Babe, please don’t be mad at me,” I say.

“Too late for that,” she says quietly, too quietly, and I momentarily close my eyes as I let out a sigh.

She then winces and I frown, “Are you okay?”

“Yes,” she replies, but her voice is tense.  She exhales and then says, “Look, Damion, I can’t tell you what to do and what not to do and frankly, I really don’t care if you go to see Ros-,” she pauses and corrects herself, “Your ex-girlfriend.” I arch an eyebrow at her remark, “I know it may it seem like I’m only acting like this because I’m jealous or I don’t trust you, but trust me, the last thing I’ll ever be is jealous,” she explains.