{32} Money Is For Buying Things, Not For Bets

I was doing my homework, when my phone vibrated in my jeans pocket making me jump. I took out my phone and saw an unknown caller. Who would probably call me? The only person who used to call me was my mother, and that number wasn't even saved in my phone.

I haven't even thought about my father, he hated carrying a cell phone around, let alone calling, or even texting, every time he needed to text one of his friends, he has always asked me to help him. But then, what if that woman taught him how to text without help?

Or what if she was the one who was helping him that time instead of me? That idea made me very angry. I gripped my phone tighter when I thought of that woman. She was taking places of us all, my father was touching her instead of my mother, and then she was teaching him how to text instead of me. I really hated her.

"Calm down, Zayden", I thought to myself. If I broke my phone again, my mother wasn't going to buy me another one. I sighed deeply and let my phone slip on the bed through my fingers. I tried to do my homework in peace, but it kept ringing and it was getting on my nerves, but I was curious at the same time. I just wanted to know who in the world would call me?

It was eight o'clock already, and someone was calling me. I mean, whoever that person was, shouldn't they be sleeping or having, and I quote, "The most epic party in years!". People who sat next to me every single day have always talked about some stupid party they had the night before.

That was why they were failing at school, or too stupid to know if they have school the next day or not. Idiots. The phone finally stopped ringing, and I secretly thought that God had heard me. But apparently I was wrong, because my phone started to ring again.

I groaned and slammed my homework on my bed and picked up my phone, "Whoever you are, and I don't care who you are, stop fucking calling me! I'm trying to do my homework! And if you’re a drunken person who called a wrong number, I'm glad to tell you that I don't give a fuck!" I yelled without even hearing the other person's voice.

"Um...I'm sorry, Zayden." Crevan's voice answered from the other side of the line. And I felt like punching myself on the face.

"Crevan," I cleared my throat, "Hi." Note to self: Always let the other person talk first before I start screaming at them when I answer my phone….

"What do you want? I'm doing homework." I said and grabbed my homework. While I was writing, I heard movement and laughers in the background. Who could that be? Did Crevan had friends over and was talking to me instead of staying with them? My heart started beating rapidly and I tried to calm down. Wait, how did he get my phone number?

"I just wanted to say hi and what's up" He replied calmly. There was another laugh and Crevan told them to shut up. And they did. It sounded like a guy’s laughter and I heard more movements. Then I heard a giggle and Crevan's voice again but he wasn't talking to me, "Get off of me Alexandrina!" he hissed. My eyes widened and I covered my mouth the silent the sound of my gasp.

She giggled and said "I don't want to, Crayon! Your lap is so warm and comfortable!" There was cheering and more laughter. How can Crevan do that to Rhett? Have Rhett known about that? Should I tell him that Alexandrian was cheating on him? "Crevan, Hang up on that loser and let's party! You won the bet, dude!" Bet? Did that guy say bet? What bet?

I gripped my phone and said with gritted teeth, "You, son-of-a-bitch. I don't want you to talk to me ever again."

"Wait, no, Zayden!" I hung up the phone before he could say anything else. I threw my phone to the wall and it gave out a cracking sound. I couldn't believe he would make a bet with his stupid friends. I thought he was smarter than that, and the worst thing was that I was going to ask him about the deal we've made. But apparently that was canceled and he owned me a new phone.

I couldn't concentrate on my homework, so I put my half-done homework away and lay down on my bed. I tried to fall asleep but the image of Alexandrina on Crevan's lap made me angry and jealous. I shouldn't have been thinking about Crevan. I should have be thinking about something more important to me. My family.