seven

seven

~ Nathan ~

I can't believe I was going to try and kiss Nessa. And it's clear she isn't interested, she was trying her best to move away. I guess she's right, what happened in the past, stays in the past. Including our love. It's clear we're never going to be together again. She's happy with Luke and I guess I should be happy with Ariana.

I need to get over my feelings.

"Nathy!" Ariana calls as she skips into the room, cupping my face and kissing me passionately. "What's that for?" I chuckle as she pulls away. "Just.. Reminding you how much I love you" She smiles exposing her perfectly straight white teeth and her cute dimple in that one cheek. "So are you coming to my show tonight? We can perform the song together" She grins excitedly.

"Yeah of course" I laugh lightly and she nods biting her lip. "You know" Ariana trails off. "There's a bit of time before we set off" She winks tugging the bottom of my shirt. "Ariana Grande, you are one cheeky, sexy woman" I shake my head with a smile and she giggles kicking the door shut with her foot and smashing her lips onto mine. I place my hands on her small waist as I sit down on the bed, she straddles me pulling my top off.

"I've missed you so much" She breathes as she slips her tongue into my mouth. "I've missed you too."

*****

"We're here!" Jones calls from the front seat of the minibus as we see the streets blocked with fans all screaming for Ariana. "Let's go!" Ari smiles slipping her hand in mine as we step outside, we are deafened by screams and shouting and flashes from cameras.

"Isaac do I have time?" Ariana asks nodding towards her fans. "Sure, knock yourself out" Isaac replies wafting his hand and she strolls over to sign things and take pictures. "Nathan!" One single small voice calls and I look to the edge of the crowd where is isn't so busy to see a little girl waving over at me. I smile walking over, "Hi!"

"Could I have a picture with you?" She smiles holding out her phone and I nod, "Of course" I take it as we take a selfie together. I hand it back before signing her t-shirt. "You seeing Ariana today?" I ask starting a conversation. "No" She says bluntly making me look up. "So.. You just came here to see me?" I raise an eyebrow and she nods with a shrug. "And to tell you that you're with the wrong girl" She states and I am taken back. "Sorry?" I chuckle a little in shock.

"You know what I mean Nathan" She says in her sweet small voice. "You and Vanessa are made for each other. When you both split up, I didn't go to school, I was sad every time I closed my eyes at night. I know I don't know you personally, but it has damaged my heart. And you shouldn't stop giving up on her, because I know she still loves you too. If you really want something, you have to go for it and don't take no for an answer" She explains cutely. Wow, considering how young she is, she really gets me.

My heart breaks in two. Everything she has said is right. I do still love her, and I shouldn't take no for an answer, but what else can I do? She loves Luke, she is with Luke and I can't change her mind. Not now, not ever. And the fact that our breakup has effected our fans, breaks my heart even more. I feel like a terrible person.

"I'm sorry, I've gotta go" I say as Ariana and her crew start piling inside the back door. "Bye!" She waves and I return it jogging over before I am locked out and mobbed. "Everything okay?" Ariana appears beside me as she hooks her small arm through mine. "Fine" I plaster a smile on my face and she returns it pecking my cheek and skipping off to get ready.

A huge breath escapes my lips as I settle down in the dressing room. "How do I look?" Ariana questions a few minutes later when she's back and ready wearing a sparkly black dress and black wedges. "Beautiful" I force a grin and she returns an even wider one. "Wish me look" She bends down and pecks my lips. "Good luck" I chuckle following her to the side of the stage where she is getting all wired up.

The music starts and she steps up on stage and the arena erupts into roars of screaming. I watch as she starts singing.

Baby I got love for thee so deep inside of me
I don't know where to start
I love you more than anything
But the words cant even touch what's in my heart

When I try to explain it I be sounding insane
Words don't ever come out right
I get all tongue tied (and twisted)
I can't explain what I'm feeling
And I say baby baby, baby
Baby I (ooh baby, oh baby, my baby)
Baby I (ooh baby, baby I)
All I'm tryna say is you're my everything baby
But everytime I try to say it
Words they only complicate it

(baby, baby ohohohoh)

Soon the song has finished.

"How are y'all doing tonight?" She calls through her black microphone. Everybody cheers and she laughs. "Have you got the album?" She then asks and everybody screams. "Great well let's get to it" She finishes getting into position.

I could sing about how love is a losing battle
Not hard, (it's not hard),
It's not hard, (it's not hard),
It's not hard, (It's not hard),

And I could sing about cupid and his shooting arrow
In the end, you'll find out that my heart was battered
Real hard (Real hard)
It's so hard (So hard)
Real hard (Real hard)
It's that hard (It's that hard)

But I rather make a song they can play on the radio
That makes you wanna dance
Don't it make you wanna dance
But I rather make a song they can play on the radio
That makes you wanna grab your lover's hand

So hold up and
Take it through the night
And you should follow it through
To make it alright
Now grab each others' hands, get 'em up
I want to see you rock to the piano, the piano

After that song she continues to sing lots of other songs from her album including a performance of Right There with Big Sean. "Alright" She gulps down some water before running a hand through her hair. "The next song I'm gonna sing is with a very talented loving compassionate singer who has the most incredible voice and he is so talented. This is Almost Is Never Enough."

I like to say we gave it a try
I like to blame it all on life
Maybe we just weren't right
But that's a lie, that's a lie

And we can deny it as much as we want
But in time our feelings will show
Cause sooner or later
We'll wonder why we gave up
The truth is everyone knows

Almost, almost is never enough
So close to being in love
If I would have known that you wanted me
The way I wanted you
Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart
But right here in each other's arms

And we almost, we almost knew what love was
But almost is never enough

I take a deep breath grabbing the microphone and walking on stage.

If I could change the world overnight
There'd be no such thing as goodbye
You'll be standing right where you were
And we'd get the chance we deserve
Try to deny it as much as you want
But in time our feelings will show

Then we are both singing.

Cause sooner or later
We'll wonder why we gave up
The truth is everyone knows

Almost, almost is never enough
(We were) So close to being in love
If I would have known that you wanted me
The way I wanted you
Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart
But right here in each other's arms
Yeah we almost, we almost knew what love was
But almost is never enough

The song finishes and everybody screams. "Nathan Sykes everybody!" Ariana flings her arms around me hugging me and I place a quick kiss on her cheek before heading off stage. Thank god that is over with. After a few more songs, including The Way with Mac Miller, Ariana comes off stage after a long show.

I sit down in the dressing room once again, messing with my phone, tempted to send Nessa a text. Something. Anything! I type something in and I curse shaking my head going to delete it but my thumb slips hitting the send button. "No!" I shout kicking the leg of the sofa as I look back once more at the text I accidentally sent.

I love you.