Chapter Twenty

(Rosy's POV)

I hear someone knock on the door, waking me up instantly with my increased senses. I tentatively sniff the air, and when I don't recognise the scent I stiffen, my fur bristling.  

I stretch a little, but then I realise my body is being pinned down. I twist my head and shoulders around to see Ashton has switched sides on the bed. His head is up this way now. Ashton's arms are hugging my torso like he hugs his pillow. Actually, his head is resting on me like he is using me as a pillow.  

The bandage around his waist is a little more red now, since he is usually a restless sleeper when I don't sleep in his bed.  

A small, content sigh comes from Ashton as he nuzzles his face into my fur. 

I smile to myself.  

"Ashton?" A voice asks, opening the door. I don't recognise the voice.  

A girl pops her head in the door, making me growl threateningly. I narrow my eyes a little, shifting around Ashton protectively. He mumbles a small sound that I can't understand much and clutches his hands in my fur tighter. 

My tail swishes, the tip brushing against Ashton's shoulder. A small smile passes over his lips, calming me down instantly. 

I turn back to the girl, who looks nervous. Even though I am a tiny werewolf, I am still intimidating- especially since I have teeth and claws and she currently has nothing.  

"Umm... I'm Crissa, Ashton's doctor." She says. 

I put my head back down on my paws in a submissive gesture, still growling a little. 

She steps into the room nervously, a first aid kit in her hand. She enters the room and shuts the door behind her quietly so she doesn't wake Ashton up.  

Crissa stands next to the bed facing Ashton and opens the first aid kit. "Could you wake him up please?" She asks, looking at me expectantly.  

I nod blankly. Rolling over as best as I can with Ashton gripping onto me, I nudge the top of his head with my nose. He stirs a little, but doesn't wake up. I huff, finally managing to turn completely so he is resting against my stomach.  

I nudge him again, letting my tongue dart out to lick his temple.  

This time he wakes up. Ashton lifts his head up and looks at me, before a lazy grin slips onto his face, making my heart flutter. 

My eyes dart to Crissa, making him turn to look that way.  

"Hey Crissa." He says, kind of forlornly as if he were sad.  

"Wow, there is so much enthusiasm there, Alpha." She rolls her eyes. 

I growl warningly, my wolf not liking her tone. Subconsciously I angle my body around Ashton protectively, using my body as a sort of barrier. I put my head back down on the bed, feeling tired and sleep deprived. I didn't get much rest last night- hardly any at all. I was too worried and too hyped up to relax. 

Ashton sits up, taking his hands out of my fur.  

I let my eyes close, trying to fight off tiredness. It doesn't really work, because a moment later I fall into a rough sleep.

Ashton shakes me awake hours later. I jolt awake with a frightened yelp, cowering almost instantly, only relaxing when Ashton sends me an apologetic smile. He's in jeans now, a fresh bandage wrapped around his side with no shirt on. There isn't much blood staining it, which makes me think the wound is healing fast, since werewolves heal faster than humans do.