Chapter 7

"Sweet dreams," Clara said as she turned off the lights in Ellie and Ava's room. All three children were already sawing logs. It had been a long day for everyone.

Clara yawned. She was tired, her back ached and she just wanted to go to sleep. She knocked on Ray's door, hoping for the kind, sensitive Ray she experienced the other morning, not the usual aloof Ray.

When she heard no response, Clara hesitantly opened the door. Ray was propped up in bed, comfortably watching the baseball game. He looked up.

"Hi," Ray said.

"Hi," Clara replied. "Is there anything i can get for you?" She asked.

Ray patted the side of the bed. "Come sit with me," he said. Clara obeyed an sat on the edge of the bed. As Ray adjusted, she noticed he was shirtless, only wearing boxers. Quickly Clara shielded turned to look the other way.

"Are you afraid of me?" Ray asked gruffly.

"No," Clara answered, trying her best to sound confident. Ray chuckled.

"I'm sorry this had to happen," he said. You've only been here a couple of days..."

"It's alright, nothing I can't handle" she smiled, starting to feel more comfortable with Ray. "Seattle's winning," Clara commented.

"It's about time!" Ray smiled.

The next thing she knew, Clara woke up, the sun shining through the windows and the tv still on. She had fallen asleep in Ray's bed.

***hope it's getting better. Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions!!thanks :)***