Chapter 18

[Celeste]

What the hell did Charlotte just say?

That is Trent!?

With my butt firmly planted on the ground, the wolf-who is apparently my brother-grazed his claws into Greyson's arms. Blood dripped from the cut wounds, but Greyson clenched teeth and gripped the base of Trent's throat. Trent thrashed back and forth willing to free from Greyson's grasp.

"No one harms what's mine." Greyson snarled. "I'm going to destroy you before you try."

He was going to kill him! "Stop!" Charlotte and I screamed in unison.

Noticing only me, Greyson looked straight into my eyes and as if understanding my feelings, he released Trent's throat and dropped his hand to his side.

I would have been relieved after that but instead I was once again breathless when Trent took Greyson's surrender as a chance to attack. I watched helpless as Trent's claws scratched across Greyson's chest. Within seconds, Greyson was lying on the ground, bleeding profusely and clutching his chest.

"No!" I shrieked.

"Wait Celeste!" Charlotte shadowed behind as I ran towards Greyson.

Trent's wolf looked up, ears perked, body straight and his tail wagged when he saw that it was I coming his way. My brother, a werewolf-I think I've just about seen it all. Trent expected me to great him with a warm hug, but when I crouched down to his level, my focus was on Greyson. He gave a whistled whimper before growling his disbelief. I didn't have to communicate with him to know that he felt betrayed over me choosing Greyson over himself.

The feelings I felt over Greyson's well being confused me. A need to know whether he was alright consumed me and I don't know where these emotions came from.

Trent wasn't the one hurt; Greyson was.

The sight of Blood covering Greyson's entire chest horrified me. My fingers shook and i had to clasped them together to stop the trembling. I didn't know how to help him without hurting him. His eyes squeezed together and a hiss escaped his lips. As prideful as he was, he did not utter a single word. Anyone with the agony of pain he felt would have either been pale as a sheet, or crying like a neglected baby. But Greyson kept calm and maintained an even breath.

I kneeled next to him and clutched his shoulder, he flinched and I recoiled my hand away.

Oh god, he got hurt because of me.

"I'm sorry, Greyson. It's my fault." Sweat beaded his forehead and his body was hot to the touch beneath his tux.

"Greyson!" Bennett appeared with four men behind him, Leo being one of them. "Someone, get that mutt locked up. I'll deal with him later!"

Two men tackled Trent to the ground and one man held out a stun gun. Immediately I stopped him from using it on my brother.

"Wait, no! He's my brother!"

"Your brother?!" Bennett's eyes widen.

"Alpha Grey," Leo saw his friend in a state of pain and quickly went into action. "I want a doctor this instant."

"He's right here." Robert ushered an elderly man across the throng of people gathering into the front yard.

"Oh dear!" Laura gasped. "Is my son going to be alright Dr. O'Dell?"

The doctor sat next to me examining Greyson with the careful precision. "He's already healing, thanks to his wolf, but the puncture wounds are a little deep. It might take a few days for him to heal. He should concern himself over the scaring afterwards, they will be faint and eventually overtime they will fade."