Prologue

Hey guys! Here is the Prologue to my collab with @LarryGotSome ! This book is called 'Battle Scars'. Hope you enjoy! :)

Disclaimer: We do not own One Direction or the ideas to this story. We also have never been to a 'Straight Camp' and are definately not trying to recreate anything said or done in an actual camp as such. We also did not come up with the idea to this story, I (Becca) read a Glee Fanfiction once titled 'Straight Camp' and will provide the link to this story to anybody who would be interested in reading it.

Okay, that seemed kind of serious. But that's true. Okay, onto the prologue!

-------------------------------

~~ Louis’ POV ~ {@CupcakesAreSweet}

I held the brochure in my hands, my fists curling around it harshly before scrunching it up and tossing it across the room. I stared back at my mother, angry face as I cried “You’re sending me WHERE?!”

My mum sighed, standing up and walking towards me, placing a hand on my shoulder as if she cared about me. I scoffed and shrugged it off. “It’s for the best sweet hear-“ She began but I cut her off. I was not going to stand for any of her lies.

“For the best?! You’re sending me to a Straight Camp! A God. Damn. Straight Camp! Do you really think I’m that abnormal?!” I yelled, tears threatening to escape my eyes as I blinked repeatedly trying to stop them from overflowing.

My mu – I don’t think I can even call her this anymore – ‘Jay’ sighed again, and it was really beginning to piss me off. “Look honey, this is just because… well, you father thinks this is what’s best for all of us. He doesn’t think you are a good influence on the girls…” She sighed for the third time in the past minute and stared at the ground, as if dreading what she was about to say next.

“And… Your father said, if your little ‘problem’ is not fixed… You are no longer welcome in this house.” She breathed in shakily and looked back up at me.

I nodded, teeth clenched as I looked up at her, sadness and betrayal clearly written all over my face. “Right, so if I want to continue being your son, I have to be straight… I have to be your image of perfect, don’t I?” I didn’t bother wiping the tears that escaped and were trickling down my cheeks.

“No! No, no honey I –“ “Just send me. I don’t care. Make my life miserable, change me into something I am not just so I can still live in this household, that’s perfectly fine.” I spat, my voice dripping with venom.

She put her face in her hands as a few sobs shook her body. “It’s not like that Louis, you dad doesn’t understand and… and…” She broke down and Louis began to feel a small amount of guilt rising, as I sighed and began to walk over to my mother, sitting next to her and wrapping and arm around her shoulder.

She began to chuckle humourlessly. She looked up at me with tear filled eyes as I stared back at her in confusion. “Shouldn’t this be the other way around?” She bit her lip and looked at the ground, the guilt obviously eating her up inside.

I sighed and shook my head slightly. “Mum, I’m going to go to this camp for you and for the girls… But I want you to promise something.” I looked her in the eye as she nodded. “Anything dear!” “Divorce that monster I am forced to call my father. He does not treat you the way you should be. You deserve better, mum.” I felt tears prickling in my eyes as I stared at her scared but willing facial expression.

“I will honey, I promise.” She nodded and smiled sadly up at me. “Thank you for doing this, Lou… But please promise me something as well?” I nodded calmly, feeling my heart pound at the realization that I really am going to a camp full of young men and women forced to change their sexualities.

“Please Lou, just don’t let them change you.”

Harry's POV {@LarryGotSome}

Harry was angry. He was so over this. He stuffed his clothes into his bag as his mother began to speak again.

"Harry, honey-"

"No! I'm not going to listen to the bullshit coming out of your mouth!"

"Harry, I'm sorry we have to do this but it's necessary. We had a family discussion-"

"Oh, a family discussion?" He asks sarcastically.

"Yes. I even called Gemma up and she agreed with Robin and I. This is the best way to fix your... problem." Harry rolls his eyes and glares at the woman in front of him. "So, I'm not part of this family? I don't have a say in decisions like this?! You're sending me to a 'Make your gay child straight' camp. Do you not see how wrong that is?"

"Harry, there's nothing wrong with it! They're helping out families like ours! All they're doing is turning you normal." "Oh, so I have to be straight to be normal?! What's wrong with being gay, mother?" He spat out. "It's not natural Harry!" "Who are you to say what's natural and what's not natural?!" "I am a person! I have a right to say what I want to!" "AND I DON'T?! AM I NOT A PERSON?!" Harry shouts at her. "I'm just saying, Harry, that you are under the influence that gay people have a right to walk the Earth. They do not, Harry. It is wrong."

Suddenly Harry stopped packing his clothes into his ratty old backpack and sat on his bed. "So, you don't want me alive, mum? You would rather me die? Maybe I should just end this, shouldn't I?" "No! Harry that is not what I'm saying! Do not do that to yourself and never think of doing that to yourself! We love you." "But since I'm gay, mum, I shouldn't be allowed to walk this Earth, yeah mother?" He said, a scowl on his face as his voice rose with each word. "That's why we're sending you to this campHarry! So you can be normal." "Fuck, are we back to that mum? Really? I don't want to be normal! I'm proud of who I am and you should be too! But no, I'm wrong, not normal, shouldn't walk this earth, blah blah blah. Well, guess what, Anne," Harry grits his teeth angrily, "You should fuck off because I am who I am and you need to deal with that. Make the choice."

"Harry, you're going to that camp. You are under the age of 18 and are not allowed to disobey my rules." Without another word she walks out of Harry's room, closing the door not so softly. Harry collapses to his bed in a fit of tears, wishing that someone was there to hold him, to whisper how everything is going to be okay, and to love him. But he didn't have that. All he had was an old stuffed bunny his grandmother made him before she passed. Harry didn't want to pity himself though so he finished packing and grabbed a wooded box from under his bed.

Intricate carvings were on this special box his grandpa made with him. Inside this box sat all his favorite things. A scrapbook of his family, a certificate for best student of the month, and so many more memories. Harry was only looking for one thing though.

A note from Gemma.

Dear Harry, Know that I will always love you no matter what and I will support you in anything you wish to do. I love you from the bottom of my heart.

Your loving sister, Gemma xx

Harry folded the note and put it to his chest. He crawled back on his bed and curled into a ball. He fell asleep, tears streaming down his face as he decided he was going to make the best out of this camp.