Little Things

--

"Hi, sweetie!" Your mom's voice rings through the phone.

"Hey, mom," you reply.

"How are you? How's London? Did you make any friends?" She asks.

"Mom, I've only been here for about two weeks. Uni's no fun. Lots of work. London's nice; I've made a couple of friends--"

"Who? What are their names? They're girls, aren't they?" She questions without hesitation.

"Um, well, most of them are girls. There's like.. One guy--"

"What is his name? When and where did you meet him? Have you slept with him before?"

"Oh my gosh, no! He bought me some coffee when I first got to London. I have, like, no money," you quickly respond.

"What is his name?" Your mom presses.

"Dan,"

"Dan who?"

"Mom, seriously?"

"Does he have any of your personal information? Is he tall? How old is he? I need answers, young lady."

"I'm hanging up, Mom," you roll your eyes.

"Okay, okay! Sorry, (y/n). I'm just worried about you."

"I'm fine, Mom," you smile. "Don't worry about me."

"Alright. Love you," your mom says after a short pause.

"Love you too," you let out a sigh. "Bye, Mom."

After hanging up, you find that you've gotten two texts from an unknown number.

They say:

"Hello! Is this (y/n)?"

"It's Dan Howell, by the way."

You giggle and instantly reply,

"Hello, Dan! Yes, it's (y/n). What's up?"

As soon as you put your phone down, it starts ringing.

You pick it up and murmur a soft "Hello?".

"Hello? (Y/n)?" You recognize Dan's cute voice right away.

"Hi, Dan," you suppress a laugh.

"Oh, good," there's a hint of relief in his voice. "I was worried about you."

"Why is everyone so worried about me?" You groan, then instantly regret it. "Wait. Sorry. I didn't mean it like that."

"No, it's okay," you hear from the other end. "Uh, anyways, if you're not busy, would you... like to grab a bite? I know this nice restaurant down the street and, well, yeah."

"I'd love to, but.. When?"

"Are you busy now?"

"Well, no, but--"

"Great. I'll pick you up in five."

"Wait, how do you know where I--"

"You go to the university that's about a block away from my house. How could I not know?"

"Dan, you stalker!" You tease, earning a giggle from Dan.

"Maybe I am. So, see you in five?"

"Yeah, okay." You nod. "Bye!"

You quickly put on a nice pair of jeans and a hoodie, then run to the front to meet Dan again.

--

As soon as you open the door, Dan is waiting there. He has a collared button-up shirt on, plus a pair of black jeans, not to mention a red rose in hand. He hands you the flower to you, grinning cheekily. You smile admiringly at him. "This is so sweet of you. Thanks."

"My pleasure. After all, we haven't talked since the first time we met," Dan shrugs, then extends his hand. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah! How much should I bring?"

"You don't need to bring anything! I'm paying, remember?"

"You always pay! I owe you so much," you protest.

"You don't owe me anything," Dan chuckles. "C'mon, let's go. Oh, and.. Are you up for some walking?"

"I'm down!" You grin. "I walked quite a lot, where I was from."

"Great!" Dan extends his hand out to you once more, and this time, you take it. Then, hand in hand, the two of you walk down the quiet streets of London, chatting about the little things in life.

--

Hi! Mew here!

This is soo cliche so I apologize if you're not into the cheesy Dan 😅

Be sure to leave a like, comment, and check out my other fanfics if possible!

Links:
Deviantart: awkwardlyamerican
Twitter: Mikxyia
Blog: awkwardlyamerican.weebly.com
Tumblr: awkwardly-american
Instagram: tronnor.jpg