Chapter 32

{hello omg sorry I haven't updated in nearly 2 weeks!! I've been really busy with studying & stuff and haven't had time!! I just read through my 500 notifications from the past 11 days and read all your comments and everything and I just want to say a HUGE thankyou to all of you for continuing to read this book (and enjoy it I hope?) it's coming to the end of the book but thankyou for your everlasting support!! I love you all (some of you guys' comments are so funny too😂)

Love youuu!!💘

LAUREN'S P.O.V

Michael's body jolts up, a loud gasp escaping his lips.

It's 3am and he sits on the edge of the bed, sweating and breathing heavily.

I get up and shuffle over to him, sitting beside him and rubbing circles in the back of his hand with my thumb.

"What happened?" I whisper smoothly.

"Oh god, it was awful." He says, his voice cracking.

He instantly pulls me in for a hug, my head resting on his sweaty naked chest.

He plants kisses into my hair and says "I love you so much." In between gasps for breath.

Tears are still running down his cheeks and although im desperate to know what messed up nightmare his mind thought up, I don't want to push him for answers.

"Talk to me." I push softly, pulling away from his tight hug.

"Oh Lauren, it was fucking awful." He whispers.

MICHAEL'S P.O.V

"Lauren?!" I shout through the echoey corridor. The lights are flickering and everything is silent. The long, white corridor seems never ending as I continue to walk, my bare feet slapping against the ground.

Suddenly, a loud, blood curdling scream sounds from a room at the end of the corridor and I begin to run.

I run as fast as I can toward the room where I hear the scream but it's not becoming any nearer.

I reach the door after long minutes of sprinting. The sign reads 'experimentation surgery room' and I shudder.

Im in a hospital.

I begin to panic, turning to look into the distance for an exit but there is none. The plain white corridor goes as far as I can see.

Lauren's in this room. I need to get her out.

My sweaty hands grasp the silver handle of the door, hesitating before pushing the door open.

Lauren lays there, strapped to a large bed, a piece of cloth tied around her mouth to muffle her screams.

A man wearing a lab coat with his back turned to me is preparing a knife.

She is unable to move, screaming and desperately trying to detach the straps holding her down, but it's no use.

The anonymous man pulls the knife over to her, dragging it across her body but not making any marks until he reaches her neck.

He slices a long, bold line across Lauren's neck, blood pouring out of it as a familiar chuckle is heard. She screams and cries out in pain but when he plummets the knife down into the middle of her chest she lies completely still, dead. The beautiful, radiating glow no longer on her skin and the liveliness and colour of her body gone. The man turns and looks at me, still cackling and it takes me a moment to realise that the man who just killed the love of my love is myself.