|enia|

Untouched

All Rights Reserved

© 2014 Luna Black

~*~

The smell of spicy woods and crisp fresh sheets faintly awoke her senses as she felt something stirring underneath her. Ariel widened her eyes as memories of the day before came rushing back like a cold bucket of water and she froze.

Her hand was entwined with a stronger, larger one and she felt fingers stroking her backside gently. Blood rushed to her cheeks and she bit her bottom lip hard enough to draw blood. Her head slowly rose with Hades’ chest as he inhaled slowly and she tried to feign sleep.

“How did you sleep?” His voice rumbled through his chest, sounding deep and hoarse. Ariel closed her eyes, trying to frantically ignore the emotions he was rousing with simply his voice. It was soft and almost baritone-like.

She looked at their entwined hands and whispered, “How did you know I was up?”

Hades smiled, running his free hand through her soft hair and said, “Your heart is beating against my side; I felt it beating faster and your breathing changed a bit.”

“That’s creepy,” she mumbled, hiding her face on his chest. He smelled evocative, almost mouth-watering. She didn’t know if it was a natural smell or if he had left to bathe, but it was making her delirious—and addicted.

After a short moment of silence, her stomach grumbled and Hades chuckled. He slowly let go of her hand and gently placed her on the bed to sit up. “I’ll go get you some fruits. You freshen up and meet me at the dining table.”

“Wait,” she sat up, looking down at her hands. He had touched her and didn’t die. He did tell her he wouldn’t, but how did he know that? “You touched me…”

He raised his eyebrows, his blue eyes shining with confusion. “And…?”

“How come you…I mean you told me you wouldn’t die,” she stuttered, stumbling over her words as she tried to figure out how to express herself, “but how did you know?”

He looked down at her for a second, completely silent and then cleared his throat, “I didn’t.

Ariel dropped her jaw open, watching as he nodded his head once and left her room. She gulped slowly, looking down at her hands and clenched them. A slight pang of fear whirled inside of her and she covered her mouth as her mind began to think of the worse.

Hades was nothing special to her, but if she had awoken and he was dead in her arms, she wouldn’t be able to live with herself at all. The day before, she had broken down due to Derick’s heartlessness and she begged the God to take her life away. And he declined.

Now that she was calm and less frantic, she realised that she wants to live longer, grow old, fall in love and try to gain back those three years that she forcefully tried to bury.

But if Hades had died because of her, she knew she wouldn’t be able to cope with it. She would’ve killed another person—or God.

She sighed, running her fingers through her tangled hair and grimaced at the feel of tears dried on her cheeks. She lightly traced her cheekbones as she walked to the small bathroom and stared at herself in the mirror.

Surprisingly, her green eyes were bright and vibrant. She wasn’t one to boast, but her eyes were one of the most beautiful attributes she had. They were almond-shaped with thick eye-lashes and specks of light brown around her pupil. With the right colour of eye-shadow, they’d look surreal.

She stepped into the shower, closing her eyes in appreciation as the warm water enveloped her body and began to scrub away the sweat that had caked on her skin from her ostentatious and emotional dance.