Chapter 8: Zack's POV

Before you start reading I want to tell you that this ENTIRE chapter is in Zack's POV. This is going back when Leah passed out from "seeing" her sister, Lucy. That's a little far back but I'm sure you got this. Any questions, just ask me and I'll try to answer them! :D on to the chap!!!!

Chapter 8

Zack's POV

I sat down on the grass. I took my sandwich from out of my bag and took a bite. I kept eating until I was done and put my trash back in the bag.

You know what I hate the most about myself? That I show others I'm weak, I show my tears of pain, regret, guilt, not that it's a bad thing for others but it is for me. I don't want to do that no more.

Mom why did you have to give birth to me? Dad why did you hide me for years? Afraid I was going to mess up your reputation? I mean I know you're like the leader of all gods but why keep me a secret? I'm just an abomination to you, that's all I ever was to you. You don't give a dam about me and you probably never will.

Mom I don't know how you could stick up for that man, but really why did you have to give birth to me? It's all my fault you died. I don't understand how you could smile whole heartedly, how you love me even though it's my fault I caused you pain. I caused you to die.

All the pressure of raising us, working two jobs just to get food on the table, you would get me a toy for my birthday even though I told you not too so you could buy yourself something. When you gave birth to me I made you weak and in pain for years. All those years, you never once cried in front of me, you never showed any weakness. I'll be strong for you, mom I will make you proud.

I stood up and looked down at the headstone.

Here lies Emily Harrison, beloved wife, mother, and friend a person could ask for. May your heart and soul rest in peace; you will forever live in our memory, mind and spirit.

I wonder if father ever thinks of her, probably not.

I wiped the dirt off of my pants and placed the flowers on the headstone and started walking. I turned back around. Goodbye mother.

I took a deep breath and sighed. I kept walking for about an hour until I reached a big hill.

My mother always wanted me to go to Camp Half-Blood and told me if anything ever happened to her I should go here. My older brother died in war and my sister comes and goes. I haven't seen here since we left that Lotus Hotel and found out were demi-gods. It's been a good year since I last saw her but I'm sure she'll show up eventually but I've stopped caring for a while.

I walked up the high ass hill. Mom showed me how to get here before she died in 1948. It's still hard for me to figure out how old I'm supposed to be, I'm 17 now but I was never good in my math studies. Now that I think of it I don't think I remember how mom died.

I turned my head to the side when I heard the most agonizing yell I've ever heard. I ran towards the scream and it stopped.

'Crap, how am I supposed to find the person that was screaming?' I mumbled under my breath. I heard a whisper and I listened intently.

It was soft crying and I tried to follow it but I didn't know what direction it was coming from. I listened harder and heard a whisper.

'Go straight, you need to help her quickly!' someone whispered. I went straight and for a while didn't see anything. I was about to turn around when I saw something move. I ran towards the movement and found a girl about my age.

I picked her up and walked back towards camp. I entered the camp feeling the slight wave of pressure then kept walking until I got to a large blue house. I remember this house when my mom took me here. She said she was given permission to show me around then she couldn't come back.