Chapter 15

Glancing down at my phone, I looked up to see a gold-plated plate with the last name Le Feuvre engraved on it with a fancy san-serif typeface. Shoving my phone back inside my front pocket, I twisted my body around and gave my cousins the thumbs up.

        The corners of Demitri’s lips lifted upwards, before his face turned serious. “Now remember Lily, this is your first time in the suspects’ house. Search for clues,” Demitri said, sticking his head out the car’s window. “We’ll be recording everything, so really look around, especially in his room.”

        I gave out an annoy sigh, pushing my bangs to the side. “I know,” I uttered, for the billionth time today. During the whole ride over to the twin’s house, both Demitri and Skylar had been repeating this fact over and over again. It’s not like I’ll forget something like this in a matter of minutes. I’m not dumb or anything.  

        “Geat!” His smile grew. “Don’t forget about Bradlee’s room as well.”

        “What if Hunter doesn’t leave?” I asked, voicing my concerns. “It’s not like I can tell him, ‘oh hold on a second. I have to go and investigate your brother’s room now’.”

        “Then wait until he leaves the room or something,” he answered with a shrug. “He’s going to have to leave at some point for a bathroom break.”

        “Fine, but you totally owe me for this,” I said, pointing an index finger at him strictly.

        He held his hands up in defense, leaning back in his seat. “Hey, it’s not my fault you decided to tutor Hunter in Biology this weekend.”

        “Whatever,” I grumbled, even though he was 100 percent correct. It wasn’t his fault that my brain wasn’t thinking when Hunter asked me to help him study over the weekend for his test on Monday. Then again what was I suppose to say? No? I was his tutor.

        He gave a soft chuckle, covering his laugh at my childish response. “If you need us, we’ll be down the street. Text us when you’re done.”

        “Yeah, yeah. I know the drill.”

        They both nodded their heads, wishing me good luck before Skylar turned on the engine, and did a three point turn. I made sure their car was out of sight before I took a deep breath, and gather up enough courage to rang the doorbell. I only waited a minute or so before the door was thrust open. When he saw that it was me, he was practically beaming in delight. I almost did a double take when I saw him in jeans and a plaid long sleeve shirt since whenever I’d saw him, he was always wearing his school uniform. It was nice to see him in casual clothing for once, and I’ll admit, it looked good on him.

        “Avery! You made it.”

        “Of course I did.” I chuckled. “Did you think I’ll ditch you or something?”