0.1

•••

Senior year... A year of insane amounts of work and college visits. Planning out your future at such a young age is kind of ridiculous. Half of us don't even know what we want to do on the weekend, let alone what we want to do for the rest of our lives. As of right now I'm going into college undecided, which I think most people do.

Today's the last day of my last year of hell. Thank God! My high school experience wasn't really bad, but it wasn't the typical. I'm definately not in the "popular" group but I have a descent amount of friends.

"Rayan! Matty's here, are you ready?"

"Yeah, mom I'll be right down!" I quickly throw on my black beanie to cover my gauges, incase I see my dad, and ran downstairs. My father would murder me if he found out. He's very uptight and doesn't like when people look unprofessional. He doesn't even know that I have them, I'm still a little girl in his eyes. Thats probably because he's never around anymore, but whatever.

"See you later mom" I said as I ran out the door.

I got into the passanger seat of my boyfriends Jeep and gave him a little peck on the cheek.

"Hey babe, lets get this year over with" he said. I just laughed and took off my beanie, looking in the mirror fixing my hair. Matty and I have been dating for about a year now. He's such a sweetheart and we're very happy together. We were going to try the long distance thing and see how it works out. I'm going to miss him so much.

Matty had his hand on my lap while blasting The Killers as we drove to school without talking, which we usually did.

When we got to school, I got out of the car and we walked hand in hand to my locker.

"I'm gonna miss you so much baby, promise me you won't find a new and better guy off at college" he said, completely serious.

"Matt, you can't get rid of me that easy" I replied giving him a kiss.

"Good," he said with relief in his voice. I could tell he was nervous about this whole long distance thing, I was too. Deep down I kinda knew it wasn't going to work out, but I didn't really want to think about that.

~

"Rayan! Are you all packed? We have to get on the road if we want to make it there in time for check-in!" my mom called from downstairs.

"I'll be right there! Just wait by the car" I called back. I grabbed my bags and crates with all of my stuff for move-in day and went down to the car.

Dad wasn't coming, not suprising. He was on some business trip or something more important than saying goodbye to his daughter who he won't see for months.

We packed up the car and were off. The ride was about six hours, but i spent of the time texting Matty and listening to music. He was already moved into UCLA which was on the whole other side of the country from me. We spent as much time as we possibly could together this summer, but it still didn't feel like enough.

I was also talking to a few friends I made through Facebook who are all in the same building as me. They were from all over the place, 3 guys from Australia, a girl from California, and a girl from Italy. I was going to be bunk mates with the girl from Cali, Starr, and the girl from Italy, Marzia, is a few doors down, so at least I know some people. The guys, Luke, Calum and Michael, were also in our building. They were on the floor below us. Calum and Luke are bunkmates and Michael is with some upperclassman right next door to them.

My mom tapped me on the shoulder to let me know that we had made it to the campus. I had been here before at the beginning of senior year but I forgot how big it was. I got out of the car, grabbed all my stuff and went up to the desk outside my dorm.