Ch.2: One Gigantic Reunion

Chapter 2: One Gigantic Reunion

Naomi's POV

I arrived in Amegakure quicker than I expected since I was using the flicker jutsu. I noticed that the sun for once was actually out instead of the harsh rain that usually poured down on us, which surprised me a great deal. Whenever the sun was out... that meant something was wrong.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I quickly made my way through the village streets and came to the opening of the hideout. Opening it with a jutsu, I strutted down the hall. It was quiet. Too quiet.

Coming into the living room, I saw everyone standing around talking quietly. I heaved a sigh of relief seeing that everyone was okay.

"Hey guys, what's wrong?" I grinned and pushed through Hidan and Kakazu to see what everyone was looking at. My heart instantly dropped to the pits of my stomach as I saw the puppet body parts of Sasori.

I chuckled dryly, "He's not dead, right?" No one answered but just stared at me solemnly. "RIGHT?!" I screamed as my heart beat faster and faster. I could my feel my eyes prickling with unshed tears.

"Pl-please tell me he's not..." I whimpered, a sob escaping my throat. Pein frowned and gently handed me a jar. I shakily took and looked inside to see Sasori's heart preserved within it.

A/N: I literally burst into tears when I was watching the episode again, and the music made my emotions worse. :'(

My tears then burst down my face as I dropped to the floor, my hands grazing the puppet parts. "No... no, pl-please!" I grabbed his cloak and buried my face in it, taking in his scent as my body shook quietly. "W-was it those two?" I spat.

Pein nodded. "It was Chiyo, the elder from Suna, and that girl from Konoha's Team 7. Although, Chiyo has been proclaimed dead."

Anger pumped through my veins, "But that pink headed bitch isn't dead. I can't wait to snap her neck." I seethed as I thought about Sakura.

She always gives me some sort of reason to hate and kill her, doesn't she? She won't be escaping me this time.

"Naomi..." Itachi muttered, "Enough. Let's go." He gently grabbed my shoulders and took me away from the living room and towards mine.

...

"I'm fucking worried about her..." Hidan spoke, breaking the silent.

Konan sighed with a frown. "We can't do anything; she'll have to endure it. But you know, this is only the beginning."

"I'm afraid of her finally cracking," Kisame stared at the back of his student who had become like a daughter to him, "You know if this goes overboard, she won't take anything quietly. She'll destroy whoever it is."

"That's what I'm hoping for not to happen." Pein muttered. "However, she knows better than anyone not to show weakness. Watch, she'll be back to her normal self in no time. Besides, she has to go on the mission that Sasori was originally going to go on."

"Is it the one with Sasori's subordinate spy?" Kisame curiously asked.

Pein nodded. "Hm. Since Sasori is no longer with us, she'll go."

...

Third POV

Naomi quietly sat on her bed as her dull gaze landed on a random spot in the room. Itachi closed the door and sat next to her with his arms around her shoulder.

"Release it, Mia." He whispered. A lone tear ran down her cheek and she quickly buried her face into Itachi's shoulder. He held her tighter as her body trembled.