Chapter 10: The Ugly Truth

Sophia's POV

"I'm not wearing this!" I said, pointing to myself. Kassy picked out a white dress that penciled mid-thigh. The lace sleeves stopped just above the elbows.

"Why? You look hot!" She said looking me up and down. I tried pulling the dress lower, but it wouldn't budge.

"I look like a hooker!" I hissed.

"Hooker," Sam mimicked me. I groaned forgetting that he was in his 'mimc' phase.

"Don't say that Sam," Kassy warned, pointing a finger at him.

"Sowwy," he said, going back to playing with his toys.

"Soph, you look fine. Plus with these boots, you'll only be able to see your knees," she exclaimed passing me a pair of long black boots. I slipped them on and walked to the full length mirror that was placed in the bathroom. I let my hair down naturally and had minimal make-up on. I turned to Sam and watched as he took interest in nothing but his toys.

"What do you think babe?" I asked smiling. He looked me up and down smiling.

"Hooker!" He laughed. I rolled my eyes laughing. Damn me and my foul language. Kassy shot him a death glare.

"You look fine! Have fun... but not too much fun," Kassy winked.

"Thanks," I giggled kissing her cheek. I kissed Sam on the cheek, eyes still fixed to his toys. I grabbed my phone and wallet, slipping them into my black clutch. I pulled on a long black blazer and headed to my car.

Pulling up to Nando's, I saw everyone already inside. I walked fast, trying to avoid the snow fall. 

"Hey!" I wave walking up to their table.

"Soph!" Zayn bellows getting up and pulling me into a hug. He actually remembers me.

"Hey, how are you?" I converse, pulling away.

"Great! Come sit," he motioned me to a chair between him and Harry. Harry stood and kissed my cheek.

"Glad you could make it. You look gorgeous," he whispered into my ear. I smile at him, slipping off my coat.

"Me too, and thank you," I whispered back. I looked up to see Louis across from me, staring. I smiled slightly, and then looked away.

"Hi, I'm Liam," a tall brunette boy introduced. He held out his hand and I shook it genuinely.

"And I'm Niall," another boy said with a think Irish accent.

"Hello I'm Sophia, but you can call me Soph," I said politely.

"Have you been to Nando's before?" Niall asks curiously.

"I did a lot when I was younger, but not recently no," I admitted. Every year, Louis, Harry, and I would come to celebrate my birthday.

"Well I'm ordering just about everything on the menu, so we can share," he offered. Everyone turned to him, shocked.

"You're sharing? That's new. What happened to Niall?" Louis gasps.

"I'm just being nice... Plus if she's a friend of Harry and Louis' then she is a friend of mine," he said proudly. I smile towards him, sipping a glass of water.

"So how did you three meet?" Eleanor asked me. Louis was playing with his phone, paying no attention to me.

"Ummm.. we met in primary school. They pulled me out of a sticky situation," I laughed at myself, remembering my third grade memories.

"Yup! Because of Kassy we became best friends," Harry smiled cheekily, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Do you, by any chance, have any embarrassing pictures?" Niall asked amused. I nodded laughing.