Ch.9 First Tears

I could officially cross off free falling from my bucket list. The jump out the window from the third story was high and overall dangerous, yet not for Remy, who brought us safely onto the ground. The shattered glass from the window crushed under our weight as Remy steadied his footing on the concrete. The rush of wind from the fall, had ruffled up my shoulder length hair that now covered my face. Remy pushed back the hair so he could see my face, before pressing his lips hard against mine. Before the kiss could be deepened, Remy hitched me up higher on his waist afterwards sprinting with vampire speed into the nearby alley. By now it was already dark outside and the flickering light from the only lamp post on the corner was all too cliche.

Remy released my thighs, letting me slide of the front of his body. With a hand on my shoulder he gently pushed me back to the darkest corner in the alley. He turned around with speed, hunching over in the process, an earth shattering growl released from his lips. I tried pushing myself further into the dark shadows, when two unnaturally pale men appeared at the entrance of the alley. They stood mere feet away from Remy, their beady black eyes trained on the seven foot beast whose growls pierced my human hearing.

My heart raced with anticipation and angst.  I wanted to help Remy in this fight but I knew I would be useless and only get in the way. This scenario was all to familiar to me, yet I could still feel the same worry for Remy building up in my chest. For the first time in my life I wished I was a supernatural being with super strength so I could help fight off these vampires.

The gunshot that went off was like the signal for the oncoming fight to start. I tried focusing my eyes on Remy and the two vampires, yet they moved with super speed around the dark alley. The only things that could be heard were grunts, growls, gunshots and the heavy rain that started to pound against the concrete.  Goosebumps formed on my skin from the change of weather and the fighting scene in front of me. This was like a scene out of Blade. Big raindrops soaked my hair down to my body and to the soles of my shoes.

I heard Remy groan in pain from over the distance. I hurriedly glanced around for a weapon but only spotted a pair of black Gogo boots a few feet away. All of sudden bone chilling cracks were heard over the sound of the pounding rain. Seconds later the pale bodies of the vampires were dropped to the ground. Remy stood above them breathing heavy, his back facing me and his hands clenched into fists.

I took the needed steps to get to Remy. Hesitantly I laid a hand on his back, his muscled twitched under my finger tips. The scene before me was not that uncommon for me to see. I had seen knocked out vampires before, but the angle of their twisted necks would never be something I wanted to memorize.

"We need to go back to the hotel." Remy stated, his deep voice rougher than usual. I simply nodded my head in understanding before unfolding his fingers and intertwining them with mine. We stepped over the two bodies and walked in silence out of the alley. Remy placed a gentle kiss upon my head when we reached the front doors of the hotel. I was too shook up from the previous events, to notice the fancy decoration of the hotel. The  young guy behind the reception desk, starred at us intensely with raised eyebrows. An interracial couple walking into the hotel doors, drenched from the rain and calmly walking up to their room. As if that wasn't suspicious enough to call the cops. (Sarcasm)

"We have to be at the airport in the next half an hour. I need you to  scrub down with the coconut soap that's in the bathroom to wash off your scent. I'll be back in a few minutes. Don't leave the room." Remy's jaw was twisted in anger and frustration as we walked into our  completely destroyed hotel room. Although I didn't need to see his facial expression to know he felt that way. I felt his anger rolling off of him in waves.

"Wait, where are you going?" I asked with a hint of confusion, while I stepped over a broken vase. Shouldn't we be sticking together after what just happened?

"Dammit Genevieve, just jump in the shower like I said and don't ask questions that don't concern you!"  His voice was stern and loud, his words harsh, before he left the room, slamming the door in the process.

Remy made me feel bad for asking about his whereabouts. Yet he was the one in the wrong. He felt the need to raise his voice at me when I simply asked a question. And it did concern me on some level, when we practically got ambushed by vampires minutes ago. I knew he was stressed but so was I. I hated men who yelled at women and I wouldn't tolerate that from Remy.

I was mad and scared, a combination that always resulted in me crying. The tears welled up in my eyes, as I made my way into the shower. I locked the door, pushing a broom stick through the handles for extra measure. I prayed Remy would hurry up from where ever he was, so we could leave. We didn't need vampires breaking into the room, wanting to kill us again.

With my blurry vision, I hurriedly pulled off my wet clothes and got into the shower. I didn't like the fact that I felt the need to obey Remy, even though I was mad at him for his little outburst back there. I scrubbed the coconut soap on my skin with anger. I hoped for his sake, he would apologize and realize that yelling at me wasn't an option in this relationship.