nikayaya turning the tables on ThomasBerryman.

The group settles in to their seats as the spotlight comes on with a click, beaming a ray of yellow light onto a single empty chair. Heavy breaths are heard as anticipation stirs for the arrival of the next great writer. A single tiny female ascends the stage, momentarily pulling her long brown hair into a quick ponytail before straightening her skirt and floats into the spotlight. Coughing delicately into the microphone, she peers out into the panel of Greatness, all sitting, eagerly waiting with their written down questions before she raises her hands and bellows into the mic.

“Oy gents! We are here today to turn the tables on Mr. Thomas Berryman. Since the lad felt comfy enough to pick our brains it only seems fair we in turn do the same. So without further adieu, I introduce to you, the magnificent, the impressive, yet still demure like a naughty school girl, Mr. Thomas Berryman.”

Thomas walks out onto the stage slowly.

“Thank you Nika Yaya, I think?” Thomas extends his hand hesitantly, which Nika grabs and uses to plop him down in the spotlighted seat. “You have a bit of something on your shirt there.”

Thomas reaches out and pats Nika’s chest, which she in turns swats.

“I was saving that for later, thank you very much. Now let’s get this old fashioned roast started, I’m hungry!” Nika rubs her belly and points out into the crowd, her finger falling upon a grey suited male with his feet propped up, his fingers dangling a long thin blade. “MadFrak, you’re first.”

“Thom, what’s the first story you ever recall writing?” MadFrak leans forward with a wicked smile as he tosses the knife up in the air casually.

*Clears throat* Well Madfrak, is it Madfrak? Or do I call you Awesume? Or was it Frakkevin? Dude the knife throwing nearly put me off…okay back to the question…The first story I ever recall writing, is one I still have from when I was a youngster.

The story was called ‘Mars Attacks’ and it was a bout a U.F.O landing on the huge oval at my school and me and my friends joining them for outer space adventures. All our names are still in pencil and my grammar skills were better at ten then they are now. *Scratches chin* My first story where I knew I wanted to be a writer though, was one called ‘The Hit’ it was the worst thing I’ve ever written, but has progressed to becoming Dirty Money so I’m happy I did it.

Nika claps. “Great starter question, and thank you so much for not killing anyone Mr.Frak, now…” She scans the crowd and falls upon a beautiful woman holding her hand calmly in the air. “Your question my lovely Jewel1307.”

“I have several questions suitable for Mr.Berryman, but I will go with just one. Where did your love of books/writing come from?” The lovely woman sang.

Oh Jewels, *sips water* my love of writing came from when I wrote short stories at school when I was ten and then as I got older I really wanted to make films.

I guess I thought a Director, Writer, Producer, were all one job.

So I started writing ones I wanted to see – They turned out incredibly terrible and I’m sure they won’t get made, so I began turning them into novels…which brings me here now. I also found the love of writing when I began reading a book of my mums that she had when she was a kid… ‘It all happened One Summer’  look it up. I don’t know what but something about that book really got to me and then of course Jeffery Deaver…every page I read of his is like looking into the mind of a genius. Also Roald Dahl. 

 “Excellent choice Jewel1307, now onto the other lovely Female, Mrs. lilly-rain.”

Nika points to a Lady peculiarly balancing two children in her hands.