[1] Anywhere But Here

A/N: okay so this is part two of what i've jokingly dubbed the "Queer Kid Chronicles". Don't judge, you know you love it. 

If you haven't read I Am Me, STOP NOW ASSHAT AND READ IT. 

Now you guys get to know Jesse and Mason I'm so happy gah <(UwU)> 

Yeah it's short but I really wanted to get it started. Y'all get a shit load of new characters too n.n

[Jesse in the photo-crotch o.o] 

IM SORRY IF YOU MISS PRESTON AND LONNIE I DO TOO

-

-

-

I awoke to the harsh sound of a buzzer, and groaned as I rolled over to smack the offensive object. With a yawn and a stretch that cracked my back, I sat up. I rolled my neck and yawned again quietly, listening to the sounds of my mother making breakfast, and the shower running in my sister’s room.

My sister was a sophmore and I was a senior. Most people would have bitched and moaned, but not us. We were cool with each other. Really close actually. In fact, I would call Renee my best friend.

I snorted; pathetic. My little sister is my best friend. Fan-fucking-tastic.

“Jesse!” my mother called up the stairs, “Get up, Donovan is picking you up and you remember what happened last time when you made him wait!”

I winced, indeed recalling the ice water my ass of a friend dumped on my head.

“I’m up!” I yelled back, not wanting a repeat incident.

I leapt from the bed, rummaging through my dresser for a pair of black skinnies, a band shirt, and a dark gray zip-up hoodie. My mirror was cracked in some places, (blame Renee and a water balloon fight gone wrong) but it still showed my reflection rather well.

I wasn’t tall by any means, almost as short as my sister. It was funny how opposite we were. Her hair was sandy blonde and styled in ringlet curls, despite its naturally pin straight appearance. Although, I did have a sneaking suspicion that mother was behind that one. On the other hand, my hair was inky black and slightly wavy, so I had to straighten it into submission. Renee had long hair originally, down to the middle of her back, but our mother had recently allowed her to cut it to her shoulders. My hair stopped at the nape of my neck, sweeping across my forehead and hanging into my eyes slightly. Basically, I had your traditional emo hair, if that could even be called so. And for some reason I was allowed to get a single lip ring, though Renee had been begging for months. However, both of our eyes were the same stunning color silver. Not gray, not blue, but silver like a dime.

“Hey idiot! We gotta go!” roared Donovan, poking his head through my doorway, his short brown hair falling into his green eyes. Don’t be fooled, despite his pretty exterior, Donovan was an asshole and a player that all the other players bowed down to, and had the girls begging to be played.

I jumped to attention instantly, dashing out the my door, pausing briefly to yank my little sister out of her room, who surprisingly managed to wear a pair of black skinnies and a pink shirt instead of a frilly dress. She winked at me mischievously and I chuckled under my breath as we sprinted outside, skipping breakfast and jumping into Don’s car.

“So,” Don said, turning to smile flirtatiously at Renee as we pulled out of the driveway. I rolled my eyes and smirked to myself. He did this every morning, not seeming to get the hint that my sis wasn’t going to bow down and do the do with him. Either that, or he just didn’t care.

Renee rolled her eyes as well, and I could sense the sarcasm building inside of her about to roll out in waves. I suddenly wished I had popcorn.

“Yes dear?” she mocked, crossing her arms over her chest.

“How abouts we skip the first few periods and I can show you why Chenell O’Connor has no gag reflex.”

“Sorry hun, I heard people choke on small objects.”

“Pft, small my ass.”

“Oh, so you take it up the ass Don?”

“I’d put it up yours if you like.”

“I would take you up on that offer if I ever felt like discovering a new STD.”

Don pouted, obviously beat.

“Are you always going to hate me?” he gave her the puppy dog eyes.

Her expression softened and for a split second I thought she caved.

Well, until…

“Of course not. Only on the days that end in ‘y’.”

“Yes! I kne- wait, thats all of them!”

Renee and I exploded into laughter, having little spastic fits that involved snorting, crying, and almost peeing. Donovan didn’t seem as amused as we did when he slammed on the brakes, sending both me and Renee flying.

“Hey, asshat, next time you could be more careful when carrying precious cargo.” I glared indignantly.

He snorted, “Please. The only thing precious here is my dick.”

“I would have to agree,” chimed Renee, “I heard most precious stones are miniscule.”

And with that witty comment, she dashed off to find her friends.

Don and I stepped out of the car. I was still chuckling at him so he glared at me and started counting.

“One,” he said threateningly.

“Oh god not this again.”

“Two,” he taunted.

“Please man, don’t do this.”

“Three!” he yelled and we took off running, weaving through the throngs of people as he chased me.  

I laughed openly, knowing he was smiling as well when I let him catch up to me. He grabbed me around the middle and tossed me into the rest of our friends.

“Jesus Don, you keep doing that and people are gonna think you two are homo.”

Ah. And that charming young man is Rick. Sadly, one of my friends.

Rick was build broad and toned, like you would expect the captain of the football team to be. His buzz cut was standard, and accentuated his strong jaw and handsome tanned face.

Ew, I so did not just call him handsome.

“Yeah, you two look like some faggots,” laughed Dylan, captain of the soccer team. He was Brazilian, and looked it.

Don just laughed it off, assuring them that we were not, in fact, ‘faggots’.

Speak for yourself.

“Hey did you say something Jesse?” Brad, the lacrosse captain asked genuinely.

Oh, did I mention that my ‘friend’ group consisted of star athlete homophobes?

Rick was football captain, his girlfriend Hannah was the cheerleader. Dylan was soccer captain, and Gavin was on the team as well. Jim, Dan, and Luke were all lacrosse under Brad. Don was the only one from the swim team, and I was the only one from track. I would list off their girlfriends, but I get confused because they all look identical. Blonde, huge boobs, tan, and really, really stupid.

“Nah man, just saying how if someone called me homo I’d kick their ass.”

They just laughed and I died a little inside, knowing what I said was a dead lie.

We all started making our way to class and I passed Renee, who was getting scorned by her Jesus freak friends about her outfit. I tossed her a sympathetic smile and she just shrugged, smiling lightly back.

I strode into AP English, taking my usual seat in the back. Two minutes into the lecture, there was a knock on the door, and in walked the principal, followed by the most gorgeous boy I had ever seen.