The First Time

Sitting in the hallway, taking my english quiz, I look up, as I fling my striaght long brown hair out of my face, and see you for the first time in months. As soon as we make eye contact, a smile spreads across your face. A smile meant for me. Looking up at you, my stomach errupts into butterflies, and we speak for the first time in months. As you begin to speak, I hear your smooth deep voice. "Okay. Just quickly reply, and continue taking your quiz." I think to myself as I smile and reply to your question. As you continue to walk down the hall towards your locker, I try to calm my nerves and focus on writing. Putting my pencil to the page, my hand begins to shake, creating a squiggly line instead of the answer to the question. My heart is pounding inside my chest, nervous for what is to come next. Behind me, I hear your locker squeak open as I try to read the next question. "Okay cmon you can do this. Just breathe." How can you do this to me? We haven't talked in so long, yet you have my stomach doing back flips in the middle of my quiz. Your locker slams shut and I feel something lightly hit my head as you strut past. "Good luck tonight" I squeak out. "Thanks" You smile as you turn the corner. As soon as your gone, the goofiest smile spreads across my face.

Your my could've been, should've been.

My never was and never will be.