IJLA 23 - Twin Euphoria

Hindi na muling nakatulog si Hans matapos sabihin ni Iya na buntis siya. Hans ran out of the bedroom and came back with a bottle of wine and two wineglasses. Then realizing that she's not allowed to have wine, he ran back to the kitchen to get juice.

"I'm not thirsty," she told him when he started pouring it on the glass.

"Okay." He put them on the table. "Are you hungry?"

She shook her head.

"Sabi mo gusto mo ng dragonfruit?"

"I don't. I'm dropping hints that I'm pregnant. You're just too dense to realize it."

Sinimangutan siya nito. "Pwede mo naman kasi akong direktahin e. May pinagsabihan ka na ba?"

"Wala. Hinihintay ko kasing mahulaan mo bago ko ipagkalat."

Hans resigned on the bed. Yumakap ito sa kanya. "I love you," he said.

"You're just saying that because you got me pregnant," she teased.

He looked at her intently. Cupping her face on one hand, he told her, "Kiss me, please."

"Do you want my tongue in your mouth?" she asked with a wink.

"My God," he gushes. "I love you!"

She laughed before kissing him full on the lips.

--

Mabigat ang pakiramdam ni Ahn nang gumising siya kinabukasan. Ken's arm and leg were draped, trapping her. He was still sleeping. Gusto na niyang bumangon pero hindi siya makagalaw. It's already past nine o'clock and she's already getting hungry.

She didn't want to wake him up. Natatakot kasi siyang may mangyari na naman. Not that she doesn't want to. It's just that last night took all her energy. Ngayon nananakit ang buong katawan niya.

It all started with a question. "So, when are you planning to wear that lingerie of yours?" They were eating the lava cakes they made when he asked. Napatigil siya sa pagkain at saka tiningnang mabuti si Ken.

Did he know na dala niya ang lingerie na yun sa Baguio? She was hoping that she could wear it during their honeymoon. Kulang pa lang siya ng kumpyansa sa sarili.

"I don't think I will."

"Why not? Sayang naman yung bili mo kung hindi mo naman isusuot."

She put the cake down. "Ken, huwag mo naman akong i-pressure please."

"Hindi naman kita pini-pressure e. Ahn, you're beautiful to me. But it's not enough if you don't believe it yourself. I don't want you to wear it just to please me. Wear it because you feel beautiful." His lips curved up to a smile. "I can wait, but please don't keep me waiting for long."

They cleaned up after that and he didn't say mention the lingerie again. Bago matulog, nagpunta siya sa banyo, wearing her robe and the lingerie underneath it. She locked the bathroom door and took off her robe. She took a good look at herself in the mirror.

She didn't know why she is so insecure about her body. Marami naman ang nagsasabi na maganda siya. Iba talaga sigurong makasira ang low self-esteem sa perspective ng tao. Maybe she was just overthinking things.

Sighing, she put the robe back on and stepped out of the bathroom. Si Ken naman ang pumasok doon para maglinis ng katawan bago matulog.

While he was inside, she slid under the thick blanket and removed the robe. But then she felt conscious again. Bago pa man makalabas ng banyo si Ken ay isinuot na niyang muli ang bath robe at saka siya nahiga, pulling the blanket up to her chin.