Chapter 8 - Solid relationship

Sitting on the edge of Nick's bed I watched him tie his tie expertly. He met my gaze in the tall mirror, a smirk spreading across his face. I didn't care he caught me staring at him when I was around him I couldn't help but stare. He was handsome, so handsome women were fighting over him. Giselle went as far as to try hooking him up with an old lover just so he wouldn't be together with me. That was how insane he made women. Swinging my feet up and down I giggled when he walked over to me, pressing a kiss to my lips.

"You staying at the apartment?" He ran his fingers through my messy dark hair, "I'd like to come home to you."

"I have free time today so I figured I'd get some things done, you know."

Cleaning my apartment, visiting Brandon since I was so engrossed in Nick that I more or less abounded everything else. Nick helped me off the bed and walked with me to the kitchen to get some coffee. He started the machine and turned to look at me, leaning against the counter next to it.

"I'd like to come home to you."

"Then I'll leave together with you and come to the apartment later, prepare our dinner so we can eat together today."

"Sounds like a plan."

He turned and reached into the cupboard, grabbing to coffee mugs and pouring hot liquid into them. The smell was delicious, making me long for it. He poured a bit of milk into mine and added two sugars, handing me my cup. He added two sugars into his and walked with me to the living room. It wasn't even eight yet, but since we weren't having any sex we went to bed early and woke up early.

"I need you to be careful." Nick was scrolling down his phone, a scowl marring his beautiful face, "The news about us is spreading like crazy. I don't want to take any risks when it comes to you." He pocketed his phone and looked at me, "I wouldn't be surprised if they were stalling outside your apartment to catch a glimpse of you."

That was something I had to deal with. Dating Nick didn't come without a price, but giving up a bit of my privacy was a price I was willing to pay.

"They won't attack me, they're just people with cameras."

He wasn't impressed, "They're going to harass you till you break down and never want to see me again."

I reached for him, placing my hand on his arm, "I'm not going to walk away, Nick. Not because of something like that. Have some faith in me."

Nick never showed any weaknesses, but behind closed doors, he showed me everything. He was anxious about me leaving him, yet the thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I was glad Nick was comfortable enough around me to let his guard down.

"This is my first serious relationship, Em, I don't want to screw this up." He brushed his knuckles gently over my cheek, "I want the future I have envisioned for us to become true."

My heart skipped a beat hearing him admit that. I didn't dare to think about the future, yet Nick already made plans for us. Making sure our mugs were safely on the coffee table, I got on top of Nick, straddling his lap. Wrapping my arms around his neck I leaned down, slamming my lips down on his, giving him no time to adjust. My tongue met his, giving him a deep, wet kiss. Grabbing onto my hips Nick let me take control of the kiss, leaning back against the couch while he let me have my way. When my fingers started unbuttoning his shirt he grabbed onto my wrists and pulled away, shaking his head at me.

"Be good, Em." He warned me with a teasing smile.

"God, Nick! You're impossible." I tried to even my breathing, annoyed that Nick stopped me once again, "I can't wait much longer, I think I'll explode."