Afterword + Acknowledgments

I will not lie. The road down I Can’t Resist (I Want More Than Just a Taste) was long and bumpy. In fact, ICR as a story is a hot mess. It’s immature and sloppy and there are a number of things I looked back at and wondered why I wrote it that way at all.

One example which I’m afraid to admit is Mariam’s friends. There’s just too many of them! I never went into depth with those friends and honestly, you all will never hear about them. You might know some of their futures, but their pasts will remain a mystery—both to you and me. All I can do is apologize for that.

I could’ve easily removed some of them from the Wattpad version, but I had created them and they were already rooted into the story. In the end, I couldn’t part with them and the (majority) of Mariam’s friends have stayed in this version.

But I cannot abandon nor deny that this story and its many (sometimes pointless) characters existed. It took me a long time to finally reach this point of ICR. I’m fond of this amateur story and sometimes everything flowed smoothly, other times, it refused to be written. And now, I’ve finally completed I Can’t Resist!

As many of you probably remember, the Black Curse was not a part of the plot in the old version on Quizilla. However, I felt that there needed to be a factor that explained Constantine’s reluctance to be with Mariam besides “I don’t understand love.” And in the end, rewriting ICR became even more fun and interesting as I rediscovered some characters. I especially had fun when I rewrote the scenes of Mariam and Constantine’s love banters.

The reunion in the night club scene was probably the best of them all for me.

Anyway, I’m writing this in the middle of the night right after finishing the epilogue, so I may sound a little sluggish—can such a thing be detected through writing? Speaking of the epilogue…

I wrote it in Mariam’s father’s perspective and am glad I did. My original plan of the epilogue did not involve the fathers, but I discovered that they played very important roles in Mariam and Constantine’s lives. I wanted to reveal what those roles were and I hope you can understand a little bit more of their friendship and why these fathers are important to me.

Nonetheless, I want to thank all my readers. You’ve stuck with ICR through thick and thin and here’s the conclusion! We’ve finally reached the end of the book after a long journey together! I’m grateful to my new readers and to my old (very, very old) readers who were with me since the beginning, all the way in Quizilla. You never gave up on ICR even when it went on hiatus.

I love you and again, thank you for all the support!

P.S There will be no sequel…but this is not the end of Mariam and Constantine! Check out Addictive for their special appearances! (Yes, I just advertised my own story.)