Goodnight Princess

HEY GUYS! Because I made it onto the list of the Romance category as #289, I am uploading sooner than I was planning! You better love me after this! :D Keep in mind that normally, in order to get more chapters, I need likes, comments and votes! I love my readers so much, thank you for everything! Xoxo –LovingLife14

PS: I DO NOT REVISE MY CHAPTERS WHATSOEVER SO IF THERE ARE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, I APOLOGIZE! <33333

**********RECAP

((( I grabbed a magazine from the table and ripped a blank page out of it, wrote my name, Mama’s name and room number, and my cellphone number on it, then put it on the front desk.

“Please call me if anything happens, okay? Thank you so much.” And with that, I ran out the door and we jumped into Jason’s truck.

Chapter 8

You know in movies when something bad happens, how it’s always conveniently raining? When people are sad, the rain starts to fall, and it seems to complete the mood? Well somehow, as soon as we closed the doors of the truck, there was a clap of thunder and what do you know, it’s raining.

I sighed as I pulled my seatbelt over my shoulder. The next few weeks were going to be hell.

When Jason turned on his truck, the song “You’re Gonna Miss This” by Trace Adkins came on. That is probably the worst song that could possibly be playing right now. I tried to zone it out by looking out the window while he drove, but the combination of what happened today, rain, and a depressing song really started getting to me and before I knew it, tears were silently falling down my cheeks into my lap.

Jason looked at me and saw the tears flowing down my face in two lines. He knowingly turned the radio completely off and, while keeping his eyes on the road, felt for my hand on the arm rest between the two of us. I reached my hand over and met his, and he slowly intertwined his fingers with mine.

It’s so comforting just to be around him. He can make me feel so much better without even saying a word.

“Soph, is there anything I can do to make you feel better?” He asked.

There was nothing he could do besides be there for me, and I knew he always would.

“No, I’m okay, thanks Jason.” I said, smiling through my tears.

“There has to be something I can do! Anything!”

“No Jason, there really isn’t anything you can do. I will tell you if there ever is though, you know that.”

“Okay.” He said, still feeling bad that he can’t do anything. He’s doing more than he knows just by being my friend. By holding my hand. By coming to the hospital and letting me sleep on his lap.

“Thanks for taking me home Jason.”

“Yeah no problem! Why’d we have to leave so soon anyway?”

Shit. I didn’t want to tell him about my dad.

‘Lie. Just one quick lie.’

My head told me. No! I can’t lie to my best friend!

“Uh, it’s just that Mama doesn’t look too good.” I lied.

“Oh, I’m sorry Soph.”

“It’s okay. Well, it’s not okay, but, you know what I mean.”

“Yeah Soph, I do.” He squeezed my hand reassuringly. He really did. I all of a sudden remembered that Jason lost his mother too as a child.

After only a few more minutes of just the sound of the tires on the gravel road and the rain on the windshield, we arrived in Jason’s driveway. He pulled up to the house and we jumped out of his truck and ran to the porch, shielding our heads from the rain. He unlocked the front door and we went inside.